View Full Version : Monitor Mirrors?

Kevin Remhof
11-06-2003, 03:56 PM
OK, weird one, but anyone how lives in a cubicle should understand my need. Does anyone know of a cheap source for a monitor mirror? Think Geek has one (http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/2940/) but it's a bit pricey.

I'm tired of people sneaking up on my cube unbeknownst to me.

dh
11-06-2003, 04:00 PM
What about those little wide angle mirrors you get in auto stores that people stick on their car door mirrors?

I bet you could get one at Wal-Mart for about 5 bucks.

Then, like they say on the Think Geek site, you just have to be really quick at hitting Alt-Tab. :D

Steven Cedrone
11-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Also, got to the infant/toddler section at Wal-Mart (or any store like that), they have little mirrors that you can mount (for keeping an eye on your baby while your driving)...

Steve

davidspalding
11-06-2003, 05:22 PM
i've known people to hve them, they're handy to see who's walking by AND looking in ... but if people are sneaking up, there's an issue that a little mirror won't fix. namely, people coming to your cube and "surprising" you.

i always announce myself. do it in a respectful fashion. what someone's working on (or not) at the moment is none of my beeswax, even if i'm the report-to. (my subs deserve better than to suspect they're being "watched.")

my solution: i always arrange my cube so the monitor is away from windows or doors/openings. sometimes easier said than done. some companies won't let you have facilities "fix" (change) your cube. so i have to get creative. but i do.

little convex mirrors are cheap and easy to find: major "big box" stores, auto stores, baby stores. but don't count on the mirror to encourage others to clean up their act. imHo, it only lets you know that someone is back there and can see what's your screen. what you do with that info (and knowing that, now, they know that you know) is up to you.

DrtyBlvd
11-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Available here:
http://www.firebox.com/index.html?PHPSESSID=677fe9cff13318e43e7f2bf89cae5515&dir=firebox&action=search&searchstring=mirror