View Full Version : CF WIFI card heads up!!!!

rzanology
11-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Okay...so here i go complaining again...SO WHAT!!!! :evil: Yea...so about a year ago when my 3970 was in full swing...about 2 months fresh out the box, i ran out and got me a cf compact flash card. I was the MAN!!!!! I could surf the internet, use aol, messenger and even stream videos....the girls loved it and i loved them :) . This was the netgear MA70 or something like that. Everything was going good untill one day i was shocked! I plugged it in and it prompted me for drivers! After 30 minutes of plugging in and out i finally accepted the fact that it just wasn't going to work! So now i had to pay attention in class!!! i was determined to have some ones *ss for that! So i call up these fools....after about 2 hours on the phone fighting with them they finally sent me on in the mail. And about 3 weeks later...that one F'd up too...so that one got tossed in the draw. Been a while sence i got one because t-mobile gave us the unlimited plan...but when i got the 2215 i thought it might be nice to run out and get another one. So i got me the sandisk with out the 128mb. Its about 3 months i had it now....and now im ready to have some ones *ss again! I came to class this morning and plugged it in...and here it is again...its asking for drivers!!!! WHAT THE F!!!!! Some where between cursing at sandisk and kicking this ugly chick next to me...it struck me. I did a quick serch for my old netgear and whoa!!!....they cards look the EXACT SAME!!!! I have no idea who the oem of these cards are...but i'd advise you all to say the hell away from them. DO NOT!!!! DO NOT!!!! DO NOT!!!! purchase the netgear MA70 or the Sandisk wifi card. Now...please excuse me as i pay attention in class.... :(

(too angry to care about spelling...so no smart comments!)

Pat Logsdon
11-06-2003, 05:15 PM
(too angry to care about spelling...so no smart comments!)
Or paragraphs, or punctuation...that was one hard post to read. Remember, paragraph breaks are your friend. :)

I believe that the OEM for the Netgear card is Sandisk. Before I purchase any piece of hardware like that, I always look at photos of competitors to see if someone is rebadging the same product and selling it for less. I think it happens more than most people realize.

For example, Socket's WLAN card is actually made by Symbol, Dell's WLAN card is made by Sandisk, many of the cheaper "no name" CF GPS cards out there are made by Holux, etc. etc...