View Full Version : Textmaker - Win - can't uninstall

danielzr
11-06-2003, 12:26 PM
I installed Textmaker on my new PC (uninstalled it on the old one) and thought that the 'demo' was the unregistered full version (which I have a license for - both Win and PPC) on Softmaker's site. Unfortunately, it didn't register on the PC correctly... I can't uninstall it. Softmaker tech support hasn't responded to email for 6 days now - so I'm wondering if someone knows how to uninstall it.. (and hopefully I can find my registered version and hopefully that registers properly on my new PC).

Thanks

SoftMaker
11-06-2003, 01:03 PM
I installed Textmaker on my new PC (uninstalled it on the old one) and thought that the 'demo' was the unregistered full version (which I have a license for - both Win and PPC) on Softmaker's site. Unfortunately, it didn't register on the PC correctly... I can't uninstall it. Softmaker tech support hasn't responded to email for 6 days now - so I'm wondering if someone knows how to uninstall it.. (and hopefully I can find my registered version and hopefully that registers properly on my new PC).

Thanks
I am currently trying to find out if/why your e-mail hasn't been answered (maybe it simply got stuck in some spam filter...) and you will receive a reply by e-mail shortly.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

SoftMaker
11-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Daniel: You should have received two e-mails now. Can you check that they actually arrived?

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

danielzr
11-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Yep - received the emails. Thanks alot!

Jason Dunn
11-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Wow, that's service! :-D

Thinkingmandavid
11-06-2003, 05:26 PM
That is good service, not bad at all. So is the problem fixed, what is the word???

SoftMaker
11-06-2003, 06:54 PM
That is good service, not bad at all. So is the problem fixed, what is the word???
Daniel tried to install the demo and then unlock it. This is not possible; the full version is a separate download. Our support guy sent Daniel the download location of the full version again.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

danielzr
11-07-2003, 04:16 AM
Yep - All is fine and dandy now. I cleaned up the files and installed the proper, registered version. I think that one of the original versions was a combo demo/registered version... where, if you bought the software, you entered in your registration code. That's what I thought the demo version I downloaded was.

Thanks again for the great software!