View Full Version : Imate Pocket PC available now

sxt1173
11-06-2003, 01:32 AM
I have found a little known uk company offering the Imate Pocketpc ( XDAII ) for £480. They dont advertise and from what I can figure out usually work with dealers, but they know what they are talking about and hell..I dont have to change network ( am in the middle of my contract! )

Their contact number is

+44 (0)1689 872802

Bit of a shoddy website, but hey.Got my device and thats all that matters to me. ( at least to me anyway! )

SXT.

Thinkingmandavid
11-06-2003, 06:07 PM
so then where is the website,

sxt1173
11-06-2003, 06:29 PM
the website is www.agbglobal.com but there really is nothing there. I was given the number as well and decided to call them. Glad it was cos there was nothing indicative on the website - not even a contact number / email address, hence my posting it to try and help out others.

sxt

werb
11-14-2003, 03:45 AM
Arne may be out of stock but they are still available here (affiliate link);
http://estore.shopplex.com/app/stor...092059015&aid=5

UNLOCKED, SIM FREE and IN STOCK!!!

brices21
11-18-2003, 12:27 AM
dead link... tried some variations, still nothing.

Anyone know where I can get an unlocked XDA II or I-mate for use with T-mobile US? Thanks in advance.

***EDIT***

I was able to find it through the link in your signature, thanks.

Now, anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price??? :)

***EDIT***

Paragon
11-18-2003, 03:51 AM
Arne may be out of stock but they are still available here (affiliate link);
http://estore.shopplex.com/app/stor...092059015&aid=5

UNLOCKED, SIM FREE and IN STOCK!!!

Are they English or German?

BTW...here is a working link:

http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=290&inv_id=31112230446767&modid=30214092059015

jkcofield
11-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Est 5 days shipping...

http://www.expansys.us/product.asp?code=108654&asource=

Regards,

Jeff

Paragon
11-18-2003, 02:15 PM
[quote="jkcofield"]Est 5 days shipping...

http://www.expansys.us/product.asp?code=108654&asource=

Regards,

Handset ONLY!....... Just to point that out. :)

Dave

jkcofield
11-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Hey Dave,

What else would it have other than a SIM? Just curious.

I already have T-Mobile w/ a Nokia 3650 so I was just going to swap out the SIM.

BTW, didn't you get an i-Mate? I thought I saw somewhere on one of the forums that you ordered one.

Anxious to hear how you like it. :-)

Jeff

Paragon
11-18-2003, 04:40 PM
I'm only assuming that when they say "Handset" they mean the handset only...since they are selling it cheaper then if you buy it on a contract...and it is unlocked. No cradle, charger, etc. I should have worded my first post a bit different.

Yes, I did but one. I got and MDA II form GSMPhonesource.com. It ended up having a German ROM. I'm keeping it, and my buddy SEms has figure out the process of flashing an English ROM......so if anyone would be kind enough to help us with an English ROM it would be very appertiated.

Dave

jkcofield
11-18-2003, 05:02 PM
No prob. Let me know how that flashing goes.

BTW, it does show a cradle in the "specs" section on the Expansys page. I don't care much if it has the charger or not...I'll just pick up a standard MDA charger from my local T-Mo shop. It's my understanding that it's the same anyway.

I'll probably order one, so I'll let you know.

Jeff

Paragon
11-18-2003, 06:29 PM
No prob. Let me know how that flashing goes.

BTW, it does show a cradle in the "specs" section on the Expansys page. I don't care much if it has the charger or not...I'll just pick up a standard MDA charger from my local T-Mo shop. It's my understanding that it's the same anyway.

I'll probably order one, so I'll let you know.

Jeff

Then it's a good deal....I agree even if it didn't it's not a biggie. It is the same connector. It even fits in the original XDA cradle. The XDA II is slightly narrower.

Dave

octop8
11-21-2003, 01:33 AM
The XDA IIs in Hong Kong and Singapore are all sim-unlocked, fully English ROM and don't have all the pre-loaded O2-specific software. From what I can observe, there are still lots selling out there...saves people the problem of flashing ROMs et al...get a friend or someone to buy it from there! Looks like there are a couple on eBay...I myself bought mine in Hong Kong (I live there) and there are no issues whatsoever with the unit.... :wink:

urologyhealth
11-21-2003, 01:47 AM
I have a nephew in Szengen (not sure of spelling) and he can go to Hong Kong. What stores carry them and what is the price? Are there accessories to be purchased as well?

Thank you

octop8
11-21-2003, 02:18 AM
Almost all the big electronic chain stores sell them....no accessories available yet (except for generic ones like sync cables, screen protectors etc).....price is uniform all over HK at around $850. Comes with proper warranty and all that.

Kadegboye
11-21-2003, 02:27 AM
octop8,
I am sorry I don't know your name. Since XDA II in Hong Kong is SIM FREE and is available there, why wont you give us the name,address & telephone number of the shop so that we can also buy from there? I have put an order for one i-mate for over two weeks now and the last I heard was it will still take about two weeks to get one. I hope you will let us know the price too.
Regards
Kay.

octop8
11-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Hi, www.myxda.com (the Asia version) carries a list of all shops in Hong Kong and Singapore which sells the model. ALL the major electronic chain stores here (Fortress, Broadway) sell them for $850. Most reliable to get a friend to buy one for you from the bigger chain stores. If you want to call a shop here to arrange private shipping, you can try calling the smaller electronic shops but I would go with the ones with addresses in "Causeway Bay" (area in HK) rather than ones in "Mongkok". Not sure which ones will or will not ship them to you privately. I can't recommend you any specific one shop and there do not appear to be any with online websites. PM me if you want further information.

David.

Kadegboye
11-21-2003, 10:36 PM
David,
Thank you for the information. After posting my last response, I went to the internet to look for XDA II Hongkong. I got the web page you quoted earlier on. I got many addresses and phones but none was ready to ship it to me on an individual bases but they advised me to buy it through a friend like you suggested. Will you be able to buy it for me? My e-mail address is [email protected]. Kindly e-mail me and we will take from there.
Kayode.

ppc
12-11-2003, 06:57 AM
I don't understand why people are talking about buying from overseas.

My i-Mate was a hassle free purchase via 2 day shipping from Phones4devs.com. They have Live Online Chat and said they had 120 pcs in stock last week with 200 pcs arriving soon.

I have no relationship with Phones4devs except as a customer. They include a UK-US plug converter for the charger. Alternatively, you can use any Ipaq charger with the included i-Mate power tip.

http://www.phones4devs.com/

jkcofield
12-11-2003, 12:21 PM
Just got one from Phones4Devs and they got it to me in a day. Yeah, the shipping costs ate up half the discount (I made it in on the Modaco $100 off deal), but I just couldn't wait to get my hands on this thing.

I had a question about the shipping and they were very quick to respond and helpful.

If you're looking for a place to get one, then I'd definitely consider them if you're not wanting to go overseas.

My second choice was TeknToys, but I was a little shakey about the reflash thing. The now over Modaco deal was the clincher though. :-)

Regards,

Jeff C