View Full Version : Voice command my ( | ) !!!!!!!

rzanology
11-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Okay so i decided to bite the bullet and buy the microsoft voice command thing. It works great, i was really surprised at the fact that i didn't have to train it. But here is where it all goes down hill. If the ipaq is turned off and i hit the voice command button (which is my calendar button) the ipaq wakes up, makes the noise....and then soft resets. WHAT THE ***K IS THAT!!!!! It does it eevvveeeery time. Great app, but if its gonna continue to do this then its garbage!!!!

qmrq
11-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Have you mailed Microsoft PSS?

rzanology
11-06-2003, 01:26 AM
mail them and tell them what? to fix that trash they put out? We've been doing that for yeeeeeeeearssss!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Janak Parekh
11-06-2003, 02:27 AM
mail them and tell them what? to fix that trash they put out? We've been doing that for yeeeeeeeearssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really? I know lots of people who complain about products or problems but haven't tried calling anyone -- even me, when I'm their sysadmin.

In any case, have you first tried installing it on a pristine iPAQ? Backup, hard reset, give it a shot. You wouldn't know if it's a conflict with another application until you try that. If you can still reliably simulate the problem then, I'd really report it to Microsoft -- feedback on something easily duplicatable and as drastic as that would certainly be heard. In the worst case, you could demand a refund.

--janak

Thinkingmandavid
11-06-2003, 02:31 AM
Janak has a good point, try it that way and see what happens. unfortunately not all software works well together :roll:
we all hve complaints about ms, i dont think it has done any good nor changed much for our own good and theirs and their products. i wonder if they caneven keep up with their own products.
what is the warranty policy on it? returnable?
he sound a bit upset does he not :mrgreen:

qmrq
11-06-2003, 10:29 AM
mail them and tell them what? to fix that trash they put out? We've been doing that for yeeeeeeeearssss!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Right - stop using them then, no one is forcing you. ;)

rzanology
11-06-2003, 01:54 PM
As of yesterday it seemed to be working fine. I loved the software from the get go!...i think its the best pieace of software to come out sense wisbar....but i was simply saying if they put all that work into making it the great app that is it and over look the simple things like having it actually work well...then its garbage. And about the microsoft comment...who da hell said some one was forcing me to use them? da hell does that have to do with anything?

rzanology
11-06-2003, 02:16 PM
just one more note...sence i installed the voice command...my notes havn't been able to sync...any one else getting this?

Steven Cedrone
11-06-2003, 03:35 PM
And about the microsoft comment...who da hell said some one was forcing me to use them? da hell does that have to do with anything?

I believe there was a :wink: involved with that comment...

Please reduce your caffeine intake... :lol:

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

Islanti
11-06-2003, 06:18 PM
I've been using VC since it came out without any issues. My notes sync fine and I don't have any problems with the device waking up.

Did you install it to Main Memory, Built-in Storage, or to an SD Card? I put mine in BIS....

rzanology
11-06-2003, 09:48 PM
i installed it on main memory. Everything is wroking fine accept for the notes.

jfmcgowan
11-07-2003, 01:07 AM
I love Voice Command! Especially the Windows Media Player integration, and contact lookup. Fantastic in the car!

The only issue I have is that it pukes when it is supposed to read scheduled reminder. I get a message stating that a Voice Command error occured, and it must restart.

All other aspects are great. I'm gonna try the backup...hard reset...virgin PPC installation to see if it might be a conflich with Battery Bar 2003's alarm system.

This is on a Toshiba e755, installed in main memory.