View Full Version : Email Forwarding

gadfly
11-04-2003, 07:54 AM
Can anyone who has done some research in to it recommend a good email forwarding service. I'm looking for a service/company that will last a long time, not have any limitations on volume or capacity, and have strong SPAM control and not add any junk email of their own. Just looking for a jumping off point or even a link to a review page.

Thanks in advance,

KenClunk
11-05-2003, 01:36 AM
I dont see the need for this what exactly do you need?

gadfly
11-05-2003, 03:26 AM
I dont see the need for this what exactly do you need?

Oh, sorry, I guess I need to explain myself better. What I want is an email alias like say [email protected] that automatically redirects email to another email address like [email protected]. What this allows you to do is hide your real email address from ever being seen on the internet AND gives you the flexibility to change your real email address when you change ISPs. Some, like bigfoot.com for example, even let you do email distribution so that any email sent to your email forwarding address go to several other email addresses. If you use several email forwarding addresses ( [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] ) you can control who has what email address but still collect them at one unseen box. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion about which service worked best for them and why. Thanks for responding!

ctmagnus
11-05-2003, 05:36 AM
I use doteasy (www.doteasy.com). You need to have a domain registered first (whatever the going rate is), then you go there and set up the domain with them, for free. (You can't beat free!) You can set up a whack of aliases, all being forwarded to an actual email address.

gadfly
11-07-2003, 07:30 AM
I use doteasy (www.doteasy.com). You need to have a domain registered first (whatever the going rate is), then you go there and set up the domain with them, for free. (You can't beat free!) You can set up a whack of aliases, all being forwarded to an actual email address.

Thanks ctmagnus! I wasn't thinking that big but considering I want to really lock something down for a few years that makes a lot of sense.