View Full Version : Does Remover time out?

terrypin
11-03-2003, 01:23 PM
I recently had to do a hard reset and a restore. It may be
coincidence, but now I'm finding that when I run Remover I get a
message with top line
'Time left for this version'
and then all the rest in Russian.

And trying to uninstall a program, etc, no longer works.

I like the program a lot, so will happily pay a few pounds/dollars for it! But
I thought Remover was freeware?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

terrypin
11-03-2003, 01:25 PM
I should have added that I've soft reset, deleted previous versions, downloaded remover.exe again - but still get that weird behaviour. Have also emailed author, SK.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

dh
11-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Hey Terry,

Some others, including me, have had this problem. See this thread about it: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15956&highlight=remover

Getting a newer version solved it for me.

torgamm
11-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Yes, Remover is a time-bomb freeware :(
Have a look at some comments from the author here: http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/index.php?soft=688
(on the french page! Don't worry, last comments are in english)
Version 1.19.4 needs an unlock code after 01/2004

I personnaly do NOT consider it a freeware any more.

terrypin
11-03-2003, 10:14 PM
Thanks both. I'm also now in touch with S_K, the author. Apparently there is also a shareware version, but have not yet tracked it down.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

terrypin
11-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Still no success either from author SK, or finding shareware version. Anyone know a source please? Or an equally good 'remover/clean-up' utility?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

terrypin
11-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Happily now sorted thanks.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

dh
11-06-2003, 12:09 PM
How did you solve the problem? Did you buy a licensed version or did you find an alternative?

terrypin
11-06-2003, 12:43 PM
How did you solve the problem? Did you buy a licensed version or did you find an alternative?

I eventually recovered the 'freeware-but-time-limited' version. (I understand shareware version is not yet available. I'll certainly buy it when it is.)

I had a LOT of trouble downloading remover.zip. Tried various sites after google research. Several times it failed to let me start. Then a couple of times I received a corrupt file which said 'no files to unzip'. But finally (maybe 4 hours spent on this so far altogether) I got it. I think that was from the author's site:
http://s-k.al.ru/soft/remover.zip

But it may be that the crucial difference this time was that I placed remover.exe into \Windows. (I think before I might have put it in Start Menu|Programs.) Also, this time, I first deleted ALL references to 'remover' on my PPC, using Resco File Explorer and Resco Registry.

Anyway, whatever the reason, it is happily now working again. :)

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
[/i]

dh
11-06-2003, 12:52 PM
OK thanks. Looks like I'll be buying the shareware version in due course as well. Remover is too useful to not be able to use it.