View Full Version : RealOne Player - gx.dll

Darius Wey
11-03-2003, 08:03 AM
On installing RealOne Player for PPC2003, it asks if you would like to overwrite the file: gx.dll?

Should I overwrite this one, because I noted that the one that Windows Mobile already has is newer than the one which ROP wants to overwrite? 8)

Kati Compton
11-03-2003, 08:05 AM
As a rule, I never overwrite newer files during installations. I can't think of any times that this has caused me problems.

Darius Wey
11-03-2003, 08:11 AM
thanks for the quick reply...yeah, that's usually the general rule I follow too but just wanted to make sure in case the ROP gx.dll contained some component that it needed for playback of RM files that the Windows version didn't have.

Janak Parekh
11-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Doubt it. It's more likely that the Real player came out before WM2003 and they haven't updated it. From what I've heard, it isn't worth using, either. :|

--janak

Thinkingmandavid
11-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Janak is right, I have seen another thread on here that included real player and I didnt read one good post about real player for ppc. I remember posting that I like using it on my laptop but I have never tried it on myppc. I dont plan to just because of the comments made about it on here.

Darius Wey
11-04-2003, 02:57 AM
Ick...yeah I just tried playing a RM file and it had a hernia doing it. It appears to play fine but it doesn't show the video. Apparently you have to convert it a special way from the PC version of ROP, and my laziness factor is about 10 to 1! 8)