View Full Version : "log me automatically" broken on pocketpcthoughts.com ?

The PocketTV Team
11-03-2003, 12:30 AM
The "log me automatically" feature does not seem to work on pocketpcthoughts.com...

It works fine on all the other forums that I use, and of course cookies are enabled on my XP-Pro desktop.

Am I the only one with this problem ?

Dave Beauvais
11-03-2003, 12:46 AM
It works fine for me using Firebird (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/), Pocket IE, and IE6. I won't say it's just you, but it does work fine for me on multiple systems and multiple browsers.

--Dave

DrtyBlvd
11-03-2003, 01:06 AM
Hmm - I thought it was me - hasn't worked for me for nearly a week now... I was working on seeing if I could find and delete the appropriate cookie or whatever - is this a 'site' thing?

Perhaps I should 'expand' a little - have not had any problenms like this ever; Have not changed anything I can think that might have had an impact on this - except for one thing - I have recently logged in from a different PC a few times - but I have done this historically with no problems on either of the three PCs...

Steven Cedrone
11-03-2003, 02:01 AM
Try closing all instances of IE (or whatever browser you use) and delete the Pocket PC Thoughts cookie...

Steve

The PocketTV Team
11-03-2003, 02:29 AM
Try closing all instances of IE (or whatever browser you use) and delete the Pocket PC Thoughts cookie...

Steve

What's the simplest way to delete this cookie ?

toxostoma
11-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Same thing with me. It won't log me in automatically. I'm using MyIE, and I don't seem to have problems on other forums.

Thinkingmandavid
11-03-2003, 02:00 PM
I havent been using that feature because of privacy. I prefer to log in every time. If someone just 'happens' to have access to my computer i dont them posting and me not knowing about it

The PocketTV Team
11-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Yes, but this is irrelevent...

PocketPCThought should fix their "log me automatically" feature.

Kati Compton
11-04-2003, 12:46 AM
Yes, but this is irrelevent...

PocketPCThought should fix their "log me automatically" feature.
I'm sure that's on the list. But the list is VERY long.

Janak Parekh
11-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Kati knows -- she's seen it, and has submitted bugreports on it. :lol: And it's hard to debug, as it doesn't happen to everyone. :| But thanks for the feedback.

--janak

doogald
11-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Yep, it's happening to me at home, not at work, after I had to delete all of my offline content (i.e., cookies among them) to prove to Napster that the problem I was having was not a cookie problem... :roll:

Kind of a pain, actually.

The PocketTV Team
11-04-2003, 03:37 AM
FYI:

I am using XP Pro SP 1a + *all* the MSFT security patches installed, and IE v 6.0.2800.1106xpsp2.030422-1633

i.e. pretty-much as up-to-date as it can be.

Shadowcat
11-04-2003, 03:59 AM
I don't think that feature ever worked for me! I just learned to deal with it. It does help me remember my username and password though. I use so many variations of my nickname it's hard to remember them all! It would be nice if this were fixed though.

spursdude
11-04-2003, 04:17 AM
It doesn't work for me either, but that's a good thing, because otherwise the new posts feature doesn't work. :D

DrtyBlvd
12-08-2003, 03:43 AM
This is now really getting annoying - And interestingly, it's NOT a question of the auto-login not working, it's more a case of being auto-logged OUT...

That is to say - I log in, fine; I leave the PC running, come back a while later, and find I am 'logged out' when changing pages....

*sigh*

clbsvi
12-08-2003, 04:03 AM
I don't use or need the Auto Log-on site feature. HOWEVER, sometimes while logged on, usually when changing Forum Categories, I am automatically logged out by the system. Not a major problem; I just log back on if I want to do a post in a particular category. Generally this is a a VERY well-run site and a source of VERY USEFUL info in every category. Besides that, some of the humourous posts are fun to read. Keep up the good work guys and gals ! ![/img]