View Full Version : Used TI-83 Calculators

ctmagnus
11-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Anyone have any used TI-83s lying around? Our local high school is looking for some donations.

JustinGTP
11-03-2003, 02:56 AM
You can get them off ebay pretty cheaply I heard. I have the TI-89 from Staples, and I love it. I wouldnt trust ebay as far as I could throw it...

-Justin.

ctmagnus
11-03-2003, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I thought about ebay too but I don't actually attend the school anymore. I saw the ad in the local paper and remembered about it when I was reading a thread here; I figure if they want them that bad they can check out ebay.

Now if only I could remmeber where this thread was split from ;)

Steven Cedrone
11-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Now if only I could remmeber where this thread was split from ;)

Here... (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20134&highlight=)

Didn't you get the PM I neglected to send... :wink:

Steve

ctmagnus
11-03-2003, 06:50 AM
Didn't you get the PM I neglected to send... :wink:

Actually, no. my telepathy is rather telepathetic today. :lol:

And that was supposed to be used TI-83s, as I edited my original post to say.

Kati Compton
11-03-2003, 07:14 AM
So why didn't you update the subject when you updated your post? :lol:

Don't worry - I did it for you.

JackTheTripper
11-03-2003, 06:07 PM
Sorry, just sold a TI-85 on ebay. :(

ctmagnus
11-03-2003, 08:32 PM
So why didn't you update the subject when you updated your post? :lol:

Don't worry - I did it for you.

I wasn't aware you could without wreaking havoc across the entire database with phpBB. I know you can change titles of posts other than the initial post in a thead, but I now realize it would be dumb to have a database as large as this one that references all threads by title alone. I guess I've been over-extrapolating the whole "updating polls" thing.

This has been an enlightening moment for me!

Note to self: look at the whole screen when evaluating information. You pick up on more that way!

ctmagnus
11-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Sorry, just sold a TI-85 on ebay. :(

They want TI-83s though.

My TI-85 is ten years old and still on its original set of batteries. I must get out the manual and play with it one of these days. ;)

JustinGTP
11-03-2003, 09:17 PM
You should play with it, they are very powerful, graphs, Y Intercept, X Intercept, The Matrix, y=mx+b, and all that other stuff with Polar Graphing etc. I like my TI89!!

-Justin.

JustinGTP
11-03-2003, 09:17 PM
PPCT is all about enlightening experiences, I guess whether or not it has to do with PPCs is a different issue.

You're funny magnus

-Justin.

Kati Compton
11-03-2003, 10:31 PM
I wasn't aware you could without wreaking havoc across the entire database with phpBB. I know you can change titles of posts other than the initial post in a thead, but I now realize it would be dumb to have a database as large as this one that references all threads by title alone. I guess I've been over-extrapolating the whole "updating polls" thing.

Nope - if you look at the URLs while you're browsing through threads, you'll see that each thread and post has an index number. Much better for searching in a database, etc. String matching is slooooooooow.

But you're right that editing the post messes up any polls attached to it, and that would probably include the title (though I don't think we've tested that).

Janak Parekh
11-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Nope - if you look at the URLs while you're browsing through threads, you'll see that each thread and post has an index number. Much better for searching in a database, etc. String matching is slooooooooow.
Slow is only a one part of the problem, and can be mitigated by hashing strings; ambiguity is a much larger problem, and is the prime reason you wouldn't group threads by a subject line. Besides, do you think phpBB's creators (or us, for that matter) would give you so much power as to allow messing up the entire bboard? ;)

But you're right that editing the post messes up any polls attached to it, and that would probably include the title (though I don't think we've tested that).
I've edited post titles without messing up the poll. The key is not to touch the poll options themselves; that triggers a poll reset.

Anyway, back on-topic...

--janak

Kati Compton
11-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Anyway, back on-topic...
Given that it's an Off-Topic thread, I wasn't going to worry about that... ;)

JustinGTP
11-04-2003, 01:51 AM
But you could argue that this thread has a topic but isnt relevant to Pocket PCs so had been labelled off topic, but with a different topic! See where I am going with this? Im not sure If I do.... :roll:

-Justin.

Kati Compton
11-04-2003, 02:57 AM
But you could argue that this thread has a topic but isnt relevant to Pocket PCs so had been labelled off topic, but with a different topic! See where I am going with this? Im not sure If I do.... :roll:
Okay - if that's the way you want to play it.

:nonono: or I'll lock the thread. :razzing: