View Full Version : PowerPoint file can't open in PPC

andysoon
11-02-2003, 05:38 PM
When i drag powerpoint file from my pc to PPC using activeSync. The file was unable to open in PPC. Even though i have install the IA Presenter in my e750.

g0097
11-02-2003, 06:30 PM
I do not know if IA Presenter can read native ppt. files on the Pocket PC or if the files need to be converted first. Westtek Clearvue office suite has a native ppt. viewer that can read files without conversion but that is the only one that I know of.

g0097
11-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Just found this review that says you have to convert Powerpoint files before they can be viewed using IA Presenter. Hope this helps!

http://www.ipaqsoft.net/html/iapresent.htm

Sven Johannsen
11-03-2003, 03:07 AM
Not sure how IA arranges this but normally applications that require conversion install an ActiveSync filter that handles that when dragging onto the AS explore window, or using the sync'd files folder.

You can check the documentation for IA, but you can also check the conversion filters in AS. It's under Options, Rules, Conversion Settings. Under Desktop to device Look for Microsoft Powerpoint Presentation and click Edit. There is a no conversion and a number of options to convert to a .ppv, which is a Pocket Powerpoint format. Pocket Powerpoint is only avaialable on Handheld PCs, the clamshell things with 640x240 landscape screens. I expect there is also an IA presenter option, if things got installed correctly.

andysoon
11-11-2003, 02:17 PM
:?
Hi there... have try to convert the power point file to JPEG then view using IA presenter, but can't see the file.
The strange thing is, when i convert the power point file to PPC using AS, the file can;t convert. Is there anything wrong with my software or the steps are wrong.

Falstaff
11-15-2003, 06:50 AM
You should just go download Pocket SlideShow. It works great and you don't have to covnvert the files or anything, just drag and drop.

nosmohtac
11-15-2003, 07:45 AM
I use IA presenter, and like sven said, if things got installed correctly, AS should take care of the conversion, after you go in to options-settings.

It doesn't matter if you convert them to JPEG or not, IA presenter needs to convert the file to its own format.

From what you're saying, it sounds like you don't have the conversion settings in AS setup correctly.

tanalasta
11-15-2003, 12:46 PM
You should just go download Pocket SlideShow. It works great and you don't have to covnvert the files or anything, just drag and drop.

I'm not 100% sure about this because I haven't used it for a while but i'm fairly sure even pocketslideshow installs an activesync converter that automatically converts (and reduces the size of) ppt files when you drag and drop them.

nosmohtac
11-15-2003, 07:13 PM
I haven't used pocket slideshow for a while either, but it didn't require conversion. It would view ppt files in native format.

Some people get the 2 programs confused, but pocket slideshow is from Cnetx, and pocket slides is by conduits. The one by Conduits requires conversion.

andysoon
11-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Hi....
I think i've found the problem.
Power Point XP can;t be converted to PPC. Only Power point 97 and 2000 is compatible.
Do u agree?

andy