View Full Version : 2k3 premium vs pro

Kowalski
11-01-2003, 09:48 PM
i may be wrong but AFAIK if you install pro version of ppc 2k3 you have 13 megs of free rom space on hp 1940 , but 2210 has premium version installed, so only 2 megs of rom is avaible.
now the question is, is there a way that you can somehow "uninstall" premium version and use pro version. so more rom space will be avaible for use

Janak Parekh
11-02-2003, 01:49 AM
What you're asking, in essence, is if you can reflash the 2215 with Pocket PC 2003 Pro. The answer is, not unless you can find a build of Pocket PC 2003 Pro for 2215s. I suspect HP never made one.

A much safer and more productive solution is to buy a small SD card. They're not that expensive nowadays. :)

--janak

Fishie
11-02-2003, 03:58 AM
Actually, doesnt the 1940 come with 32mb of rom and premium installed with the difference being made up by lack of aditional software built into the rom as is the case with the 2215?
The 2215 has the test software, Ipaq pics, Nevo etcetera all extra in the rom, stuff the 1940 lacks.

Kowalski
11-02-2003, 12:53 PM
A much safer and more productive solution is to buy a small SD card. They're not that expensive nowadays. :)

--janak
i'll buy an SD card, but i want an extra space for my legacy programs to remain when i plug out the SD card for some reason.(i.e. when i use the slot for a wi fi card)

Janak Parekh
11-02-2003, 10:30 PM
(i.e. when i use the slot for a wi fi card)
Well, since you have dual slots, take advantage of them. For example, use one slot as your "peripheral" slot and the other one as your "memory" slot -- this minimizes swaps.

Other than that, Pocket PC Techs (www.pocketpctechs.com) may one day offer a memory upgrade for your iPAQ.

--janak

Chris Spera
11-03-2003, 04:49 AM
You could also get a 128MB RAM upgrade from PPC Techs. The details can be found here:
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=I22-064-128RAM

It sounds like this is more along the lines of what you would want. I have had all of my iPAQ's updgraded to have more RAM. Leonard did them all, and I must say that these guys are perhaps one of the best add-on investments you can make for your device.

All of my devices have performed better, and have sold for higher prices on eBay when it was time to part with them.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Janak Parekh
11-03-2003, 05:28 PM
Ah, right. They do already offer one. My brain is behind the times. ;)

--janak