View Full Version : Problems with my iPaq

Flavinha
11-01-2003, 01:04 PM
I just bought an iPaq and I was trying to get my contacts, emails and all synced with my ppc but withou outlook I can not do it. .

The thing is, I share a computer with my family and someone accidently removed outlook form our pc.

Can anyone send my a website where I can download outllok for free?

Thanks....... :D

Flavinha*

LauLeigh
11-01-2003, 02:17 PM
Outlook is on the CD Rom that shipped with your Ipaq.

Flavinha
11-01-2003, 02:26 PM
I know itīs there but I tried stalling it over and over again and itīs not working.

So I figured that if i downloaded it for the internet, It might work.

Steven Cedrone
11-01-2003, 03:24 PM
What kind of error do you get when you try to install your legal copy of Outlook???

While we would all be happy to help you with your computer problem, no one here will help you find an illegal copy of Outlook to download...

Steve

Flavinha
11-01-2003, 08:20 PM
I tried to stall it and it does install.

Then, thereīs a message in my pc saying that I should restat it for the program to run, and as I restar it the program desapears......

I tried looking for it in my files and drives but itīs not there!!!!!!!!! Can you help me with this????

The only explanation I found for my problem is that Iīm trying to run an Outlook 2002 in a windows 98....am I right??????

Thanks anyways!

Flavinha*

toxostoma
11-01-2003, 08:29 PM
If you've got a legal copy of Outlook that's not installing, I'd think you're only option is to contact microsoft. You ought to first search through their knowledge bases, and search through the newsgroups at Google to see if you're problem has already been solved by others.

If it won't install off the CD, finding it on the internet isn't going to help. Besides, there are no LEGAL versions of Outlook available for download on the internet.

Anybody know if Outlook (XP) 2002 has production activation? I know Office XP does... Just wondered if the stand alone Outlook does. (I'm still ticked that I didn't get Outlook 2003 with my new PPC).

Flavinha
11-02-2003, 03:28 PM
I just solved my problems, but thanks for all your help anyways.

I friend of mine just bought a new ppc and it came with the stallation cd. It seens to me that mine had a problem bc I borrowed his and istalled it in my pc and it worked.

Now I only have to figure out how it works. But thatīs not a problem to me at all.

Thanks anyways,

Flavinha

Thinkingmandavid
11-02-2003, 04:04 PM
So now you are using his cd to help your computer?
and you are now using the cd that came wiht your ipaq since teh computer is fixed?
just wondering some of the details becaue if someone else has someof the problems you did, we canhelp them :)

Flavinha
11-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Yep, I used his cd to istall my programs and it worked without problems.

I think there was something wrong with my cd not with my pc.

Janak Parekh
11-02-2003, 10:41 PM
The Microsoft Installer that Outlook uses will automatically "back out" the install if an error happens during the process, such as an unreadable file, which matches your symptoms of it "disappearing" after the installer "finishes and reboots".

Good to hear you worked around the problem. :) I hope you used your own CD key, especially if Outlook 2002 asks you to "activate" the product; using his number will likely be problematic.

--janak