View Full Version : Handango Site Not working for purchases, no customer support

MadBison
10-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Hello

Just wondering if anyone else can purchase any software from Handando? I have been trying for a week, and getting commerce server errors and insufficient funds errors. I have sufficeint funds.

I use this credid card online regularly, and have never had probs.

I submitted a "Customer Service" request a week ago, no reply.

Can anyone point me to a good software sales site that works? I need 5 pieces of software.

Also, their 10% off voucher managed to calculate 10% of over $70 as about $5.00. It was $70 after the other voucher I applied. Makes me wonder who is developing this site? I am a web developer myself, and would be ashamed to have that as my site.

Thanks
David

Thinkingmandavid
11-01-2003, 02:10 AM
Wow, I would keep hitting them up with emails to see what is going on.

Since you have your voucher, for sure you would want to take advantage of what you can save.

tanalasta
11-01-2003, 02:59 AM
Not sure what's going on with Handango but I did manage to purchase Kasparov chessmate and download it without any hassles just yesterday.

Have you checked your internet browser security/cookie settings??? And is it letting you log in properly?

Well hope you have some luck :P

On a side, Hexacto is having $13 off most of it's games till today!!!

buckyg
11-01-2003, 04:58 AM
I purchased some software from them in the last week. The last time was the day before yesterday. So far, I've never had a problem purchasing. (Knock on wood...)

I have had the issue that other people have mentioned elsewhere when you try to re-download the software: After so many times, they start asking for the credit card number used for the purchase. If it was asked for over a secure site, that would not be a problem...

MadBison
11-01-2003, 01:39 PM
I have my computer up to date with IE 6, and latest patches. I have to as a software and web developer.

I allow cookies. I have high encryption, which is part of the IE 6 browser.

I purchase stuff with this credit card and this computer all the time.

Yet no joy with Handango. There is a small possibility it is because I am using an Australian Visa. But that has never stopped me buying stuff from UK and USA before.

David

tanalasta
11-02-2003, 06:25 AM
lol another australian :) i don't think it matters what type of VISA card you have - my commonwealth bank one works just fine.

I use IE 5.5 and I've never had any problems as I mentioned earlier. If i have to redownload software I just click on members, login and then purchases and the link just pops up. Never asked me for my credit card number although I agree you shouldn't give that number out to an unsecure site. If you still have problems, I suppose you can try someone else's computer and save it the file on a USB drive/CD.

I use handango quite often so i'm quite interested to know how this works out :? :?

MadBison
11-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Well I can rule out the Australian visa thing I thought it might be that they could not verify it.

Will try at work. I would rather not though, as I do not know what kind of monitoring they have there.

We shall see if I get a response from customer service now. I have send an email to most of their email addresses on the site, including their Customer Relations person, and also filled in the web form again.

I am wondering if the web form even worked on the first try a week ago. I cannot see anything to let me know it is in the system. But I do know for sure that it said it was submitted at the time.

David

Thinkingmandavid
11-02-2003, 04:01 PM
it certainly makes one wonder if they actually have that email addressed 'manned'. Is there a phone number onthe website?
This isnt the first time I have heard complaints against Handango.

MadBison
11-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Well Handango is officially the worst e-commerce site I have ever dealt with.

Its now been over 2 weeks since I first tried to purchase the software. In the meantime, the discount vouchers I was going to use have expired.

I offered two solutions of either emailing the order and card detials using secure email, or email the order, no credit details, and then phone in the credit details, just giving the order number to speed up the call, as I am calling from Australia. The condescending prat 'Bryan' on the help desk must not have read the email, as he just sent back the same response to my earlier email.

He suggested I talk to my bank, and blamed it on the bank.

Instead I just went to two other sites and purchased from there, using my "Faulty" card, and BTW, I also used the same computer, and ISP.

I also emailed all of the developers letting them know how Handango is treating their customers. Interestingly, one of those developers emailed back saying they had a similar problem recently.

Anyway, I would recommend steering clear of Handango if you do not want to waste hours trying to process a simple purchase transaction.

David

Thinkingmandavid
11-09-2003, 02:09 AM
I also emailed all of the developers letting them know how Handango is treating their customers. Interestingly, one of those developers emailed back saying they had a similar problem recently
I find this interesting and yet not surprising. I bet more is going on behind the scenes with handango than what we are let on to believe.
Jason do you know anything? YOu deal a lot with the software developers, yes?
I am believing this is not an isolated issue. comments??

MadBison
11-16-2003, 08:42 AM
Hello again.

This never stops. Now the customer support rep for Handango has emailed in response to my email a week ago saying that they have implemented some fraud requirements into their site, and it is causing some people some problems. So the Prat Bryan in support was shifting the blame to my bank when it was their own fault, but I knew that.

And at the same time, I finally received a response to my original support request to them. Exactly 3 weeks after I sent it. How does that fit into the 48 hour response time promised?

Hmm, how are these people still in business. I have now purchased all the software I was going to buy from them elsewhere, and some I decided I would not get. The vouchers that made the buy so good have expired, and the software is no longer good value for money for me.

David.

iant54
11-17-2003, 05:38 PM
I remember a while back that when someone was selling a "Pocket PC 2003 Upgrade program", on top of the other goodies he was offering, someone from Handango posted a response here on PPC Thoughts forums.

Given that, it's strange that they haven't posted a response on this subject?

Dave Potter
11-18-2003, 06:10 AM
I just made a purchase now - and everything went off without a hitch!

Dave 0X

ChristopherTD
11-18-2003, 11:16 AM
I have been trying for 3 weeks to get information from Handango. All their customer support email is answered by robots that simply look for keywords and send a canned response that is laughably short of the mark.

Yesterday I send a request with all the vowels removed from keywords to see if it makes it through to a human!

In my experience Handango's customer support is very poor, in marked contrast to the majority of PPC developers who fall over backwards to support their products.

MadBison
12-16-2003, 04:28 AM
Well it has taken a long time, but I have sorted it all out with Handango.

A good customer service person sent me a discount code to make up for the fact I lost the discounts due to time taken.

I have used the code, and everything worked fine this time, so it looks like it was just a couple of week temporary problem.

I even used the same PC, and same Credit card. I just wish it all went that smoothly from the start.

So I am feeling a little better about Handango.

Thanks
David