View Full Version : HELP... MS MONEY 03

KenClunk
10-31-2003, 01:31 AM
I have Money on PPC and installed it how everyone else had to.. however the today screen (where it shows you your acct sum. if active) shorcut is not there. I click on the screen and it says that the shortcut is not found. Does anyone now of where specifically the shorcut is located and the name of it. Please reply with everywhre one of the msmoney shortcuts are. It is such a stupid little thing but i need it so bad.

PS i have already reinstalled it before.. no dice.

dlangton
10-31-2003, 02:51 AM
When you install Pocket Money 2003, it places a shortcut in your programs folder. If you move that shortcut elsewhere, the Today screen plugin won't be able to find it.

KenClunk
10-31-2003, 08:55 PM
I already have a shortcut in the programs folder. And it is Name "Microsoft Money" The today plgin still does not work. Where are all of your money shorcuts at? Any that say msmoney or Microsoft Money or Money 03 etc any shorcuts at all and what are there names. Thank You All.-Ken
:treadmill:

Kati Compton
11-04-2003, 01:00 AM
Did you install to memory or a storage card?

Kevin C. Tofel
11-04-2003, 01:15 AM
Ken,

Assuming you are running WM2003 and installed to the default directory, this may help.

On my WM2003 device, the actual executable is located at My Device \ Windows \ moneyce

My shortcut is located at My Device \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs.

I'm wondering where your moneyce executable is....it may need to be in the Windows folder for the Today plugin settings to pick it up.....

KCT

KenClunk
11-05-2003, 12:56 AM
The shorcuts are in the My Device/Windows/Startmenu
Named "Microsoft Money"
And the exe is In My Device/Windows
Named "MoneyCE"

Are these what your files are named as??

dlangton
11-05-2003, 01:22 AM
As stated previously, your shortcut for money needs to be in Start Menu/Programs. The shortcut won't work with the Today screen plugin if it's in the Start Menu folder. It's ok to make copies and put them everywhere you want. You just need to leave one in the Programs folder.

KenClunk
11-05-2003, 01:35 AM
I MEANT TO SAY: The shorcuts are in the My Device/Windows/Startmenu/programs
They are in there Named Microsoft Money.
Is This Correct??
Where are any other shortcuts?

KenClunk
11-14-2003, 12:03 AM
After much torment I have finally figured it out. If anyone else has this problem this will be useful. The shortcut for the Money Tody Screen Plug in need to be in. My Device/Windows/Start Menu/Programs. Right about now everyone is saying you idiot. Well the one thing that has not been clearified is that it has to be a chorcut. I have been pasting the actual exe instead of a shortcut. It Has To be name Microsoft Money. Thank You for everyone elses input either way!! :D