View Full Version : Trip Tracker Reviewed at PocketPCAddict

Jason Dunn
10-30-2003, 06:51 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcaddict.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1219' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcaddict.com/modul...iewtopic&t=1219</a><br /><br /></div>Travel frequently? Then you might be interested in this review of Two Peak's Trip Tracker software:<br /><br />"<i>Alright, I can see Outlook might not be the tool, but what does Trip Tracker bring to the show?</i> Well, think of it this way. How would it be if you could create an itinerary in one place, as a single file. You might call that itinerary file “Trip to Italy”, and it would contain details of all your flights, hotel stays, car hire and other appointments while you’re away. You’d do it all using local times, and you’d be able to print it out and give a copy to everyone who was going with you."

Kati Compton
10-30-2003, 07:50 PM
I used this software when I was interviewing 14 different places in Spring, and I found it VERY useful. I haven't done much traveling since, so I haven't used it, but I expect that I will be traveling semi-frequently in the future, and will be using it then.

newst
10-31-2003, 12:27 PM
I have just started using Trip Tracker and immediately discovered an additional shortcoming to those mentioned in the article. When setting up hotel reservations the software automatically grabs airport destination city and uses that as the location for your hotel. If you are moving on from the airport before you check in you're out of luck as it's not editable (at least in the PPC, I haven't tried the desktop yet).

I've contacted their support and they sent me an email stating that this is now in the que of ideas to be reviewed for future upgrades.

Mark R Penn
10-31-2003, 01:57 PM
I have just started using Trip Tracker and immediately discovered an additional shortcoming to those mentioned in the article. When setting up hotel reservations the software automatically grabs airport destination city and uses that as the location for your hotel. If you are moving on from the airport before you check in you're out of luck as it's not editable (at least in the PPC, I haven't tried the desktop yet).

I've contacted their support and they sent me an email stating that this is now in the que of ideas to be reviewed for future upgrades.

Hmm, I just tried that, and I can edit the hotel location just fine. It does assume the stay will be in your destination, but if you just tap on the city name, you will go to the list of cities. The standard ones are those that have airport codes, but if you then tap "New City" you get the option to enter your own, and DON'T have to use an airport code for it. The correct location is then entered into Outlook/Pocket Outlook just fine.

Remember that it can't really just let you type any old thing into the city field, because it needs a time zone in order to enter the appointment correctly.

The real issue here has to be why didn't support tell you that? I think you got their standard "Thanks for the suggestion, we'll think about it" reply.

Jeff Rutledge
11-02-2003, 12:50 AM
I travel a fair bit and this software is one of my PPC main-stays. It does a good job moving the Outlook appointments when you change your itinerary as well. Thumbs up from me.