View Full Version : ??? HP 1935 Backup question ???

Blue Zero
10-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Hello everybody! I am new in this forum and also pretty new on the whole PPC thing...

I had my 1935 for a while now... but recently my PPC crashed on me and I had to hard reset the whole thing! Therefore losing all my very important data along with the program :cry:

Anyhow, from then on, I am very caution about PPC crashing... So my main question here is "How do I make backup of my PPC's data and program?" and "What kind of backup program out there that I can use?"

Freeware are even better

And lastly, thanks in advence for all your help :way to go:

Thinkingmandavid
10-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Howdy and welcome :)

I had my 1935 for a while now... but recently my PPC crashed on me and I had to hard reset the whole thing! Therefore losing all my very important data along with the program

So did you load the software that came with the unit on your desktop? if so that is a way of backing up the information on your ppc.

The next way is to buy a secure digital memory card for you sdio slot and backing up your unit that way.
put the secure digital card in sdio slot
click on start
then click on programs
now click on data backup
it will ask if you want to back up to a storage card and the answer is yes.

I your ppc ever crashes again, you can put the card back in your sdio slot and put all of your valuable information in there. Just remember to back up your information in your ppc often :wink:

Blue Zero
11-03-2003, 01:09 AM
click on start
then click on programs
now click on data backup...

hmmmm....
Where is theis "Data backup" button local at??

I cant seem to find it... Is it inside the PPC already, or do I have to DL it from somewhere...? :|

Any big thx anyways 8)

Thinkingmandavid
11-03-2003, 02:42 AM
it isnt in programs :?:
I just remembered something, it may not come wiht the program because i remember the 1910 did not come with that icon in the programs menu. I dont know if it came on the cd or not, so check on there and see if there is a back up program u can instal from you hp cd.
If htere is not a cd then go to handango and download a software program to do that. If you dont want to buy it you can always use it on a trial basis, long enough for you to back up your 1935.