View Full Version : Bryant Park...

Steven Cedrone
10-29-2003, 09:58 PM
On my way to the user group tour at Microsoft in NYC. Stopped off in the park to check Thoughts. There seem to be about 7 different hotspots around! Wireless heaven! :wink:

This is a much better experience then my first attempt here (if you recall, I was trying to connect using my 548 - almost impossible to read the screen)

This rocks!!! (especially with the mobile version of Thoughts)

Great 2400th post!!!

Steve

JustinGTP
10-29-2003, 10:11 PM
Cool stuff Steve and congrats on your post count. :D

-Justin.

Candygogo
11-04-2003, 04:03 PM
On my way to the user group tour at Microsoft in NYC. Stopped off in the park to check Thoughts. There seem to be about 7 different hotspots around! Wireless heaven!

I had a similar situation not that long ago. I had heard that Bryant Park was a delight for Wi-Fi'ers and decided to give it a shot. Talk about geeking out! :D

Thinkingmandavid
11-04-2003, 05:57 PM
bummer :( I wish I could do that.
I live in Baltimore so I am not far :)
ok, I am back, I was just getting caught up in wireless heaven :wink:

Sooner Al
11-04-2003, 06:34 PM
bummer :( I wish I could do that.
I live in Baltimore so I am not far :)
ok, I am back, I was just getting caught up in wireless heaven :wink:

You might be interested in this link...

http://www.baltimoreunwired.com/

Steven Cedrone
11-04-2003, 06:37 PM
http://baltimore.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2003/09/15/daily16.html

Baltimore Goes Wireless...

Steve

Edit: Damn, Al beat me to it. The only thing is: I can't seem to connect to www.baltimoreunwired.com

Thinkingmandavid
11-05-2003, 01:45 AM
Oh, now that is good info, mmm, I think I am going to check this out. heheheheheheheeh. my e355 cant use the sd wi fi card :evil: crazy toshiba 0X
but my laptop, mmmmmm :twisted: HEHEHEHE

JustinGTP
11-05-2003, 04:06 AM
Calm down, boy!

-Justin.

Sooner Al
11-05-2003, 02:57 PM
From Monday's, 3 November 2003, Baltimore Sun (http://www.sunspot.net)...

The headline is...City's free wireless access put to test
Inner Harbor 'hotspot zone' open for business, but honing in on a signal can be challenging

http://www.sunspot.net/technology/bal-wifi110303,0,5862409.story?coll=bal-technology-headlines

disconnected
11-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Interesting article. I wonder if that extra popup window makes this unusable with Pocket PCs.

Thinkingmandavid
11-05-2003, 05:13 PM
I havent read it yet but will soon, I need to get ready for work. I am thinking about checking it out and seeing what kind of a signal i can get.
I moved from texas so havent even been to the harbor yet :wink:

Sooner Al
11-05-2003, 07:35 PM
I havent read it yet but will soon, I need to get ready for work. I am thinking about checking it out and seeing what kind of a signal i can get.
I moved from texas so havent even been to the harbor yet :wink:

Baltimore, or more precisely Ball' mer Hon, is a great city... Crabs and cold beer on the dock during the season, Maryland or John Hopkins Lacrosse in the Spring, Orioles baseball at Camden Yard (even if their losing), Fells Point pub crawling...well you get the idea. Check out Captain James in Fells Point, its at the corner of Aliceanna and Boston streets, for a great cheap breakfast. I have lived in that area, ie. Columbia, College Park, Fort Meade, etc. a number of times over the last thirty-five years. I last lived in Catonsville, just across the City/Baltimore County line for six years until my wife and I moved back to Oklahoma to retire. Thank god you moved out of Texas... 8)

Remember...Down Horns...Hate Texas early and often...

Boomer Sooner...

Good luck with the WiFi access downtown. Let us know if it worked for you...

Kati Compton
11-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Insulting states is inappropriate, and talking about cities is off-topic.

:nonono:

Sooner Al
11-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Insulting states is inappropriate, and talking about cities is off-topic.

:nonono:

Well, you've obviously never been to an OU-Texas football game then... 8)

Lighten up...

Steven Cedrone
11-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Lighten up...

Thread locked...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator