View Full Version : Returning 1945 - should I get 2215, Axim X3, what?

toxostoma
10-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Hi,

I recently got an iPAQ 1945. It would truely be the perfect PDA if it weren't for the yellow screen. It is very noticable to me, and so I'm afraid I'll have to send it back.

I'm considering getting an iPAQ 2215, or perhaps an axim X3, and I wondered if some of you could give me your thoughts. (I know, not a day goes by without someone asking this same type of question... But thanks for your patience).

Size is very important for me, because I want to carry the PPC in my pocket. The Axim X3 is hardly smaller than the 2215... so I figure I might as well get both slots.

Also, can any one suggest a good case for 2215? I was thinking of the Sena case. Again, the thinner the case the better, if it's going to fit in a pocket. I'm concerned about the rubber grips falling off, but even that seems like a more acceptable flaw than the yellow screen of the 1945. I thought a flip lid case, like the Sena, would help the grips not come off, since I wouldn't be constantly pulling the ipaq in and out of a case... Anyone have any other suggestions for cases...

Does anyone have a comment on how "pocketable" a 2215 with a thin case is? And does anyone know if you can use the stowaway keyboard with the ipaq still in the case?

Thanks.

tanalasta
10-29-2003, 09:36 AM
Both the 2215 and the Axim are very good PDA's :) Well, to be honest you can't really go wrong though if you're willing to fork that much out for one. I'd recommend the metal cases by Innopocket or Proporta. I think the 2215 is prettier though! They might be just a tad heavier but they're very very snug and designed specifically for the device. Oh, and since you're putting it in your pocket, the hard metal case will hopefully be worth it if you, God forbid, accidently sit on your pda ;)

JustinGTP
10-29-2003, 05:14 PM
I love my 2215 amd the screen is crisp and beautiful :) The dells look big and cumbersome, I dont like their squared off apearance. Just my thoughts, maybe I am a tad biased towards the 2215 since I own that one. :D :D

-Justin.