View Full Version : 2215/2210 or A620 ?

Vially
10-28-2003, 03:49 AM
what do you think ? I really don't know what to choose, I've seen that the ASUS A600 has faster graphics, would you recommend it over the iPAQ ? Thanks.

Enderet
10-28-2003, 06:04 AM
It really depends on what your needs are. If you were to tell us what you expect to use it for, then we could help you out.

If you want it for STRICT gaming then I would say go with the A620.

But if you need the dual slots that the 2215 offers and the a620 lacks, then you know what to do.

But really, you should tell us what you want it for.

Thinkingmandavid
10-28-2003, 02:34 PM
True, we cant recommend something when we really dont knwo what you want to use it for. Use is the most important reason to recommend a ppc/pda to someone. We also try to recommend something that is fair in price on here and that will be the most flexible for you as well :wink:

Vially
10-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Oops, should have said it :)
The things that I'm looking for in this PPC are, in order of importance:
Very good quality audio, for MP3 playback (I will use the unit in my dad's car as an MP3 player).
Good gaming capabilities, I'll be playing a lot.
Good movie playback (I have access to over 300 DivX movies on CD's from my friends )
Good battery life
Organiser capabilities (the last place on my priority list)

I do have some CF cards around here, but no SD's an don't want to buy them either :evil:
So, I guess I'll stick to the a620, no ?

Rickyohead
10-29-2003, 09:57 PM
i've read great things about the 620's audio/video capabilities, but some questionable reviews on battery life (over-rated)... good luck!

i'm still trying to decide on one for myself--with similar necessities as you :D

JustinGTP
10-29-2003, 10:06 PM
The Asus only has CF and the ipaq has both. Its up to you, although the asus is better in the games department, but these are both comparible devices.

JayM
12-08-2003, 04:56 AM
ASUS A620 works great for me! Very slim and lightweight! I use CF as well (digital cameras, Laptop computers PDA’s etc). I use it at work, for PIM, taking notes, watching videos and MP3’s. At home I mainly surf the web via wi-fi. I game a little bit, but not that much. I never notice any lag or jumpiness during game play.

Battery life is "ok", but not as great as they say on the website (especially in "turbo" mode). The only complaint I have is finding data cables and hard cases for it. They are out their, but you have to look hard.

What did you end up getting? A620BT with integrated Bluetooth is out. Check that out too if you need BT.

JM