View Full Version : Trouble with Puretracks

PatrickD
10-28-2003, 02:30 AM
Have any Canadians out there tried puretracks yet? I purchased and downloaded a song as a test. The song played fine on my desktop but when I copied it to my PPC it didn't work. There seems to be a licensing problem. The files are WMA format and according to puretracks I am entitled to copy the song to a mobile device. Anyone have any success?

BTW puretracks is an iTunes like site that has opened in Canada.
www.puretracks.com

Oliver Mitchell
10-28-2003, 07:43 PM
i had this problem when copying them with wma copy protection, the way i got around it was to copy them across using windows media player 9 because then it copies across the license as well, since then i've had no problems

PatrickD
10-30-2003, 05:17 PM
I tried upgrading my desktop windows media player to version 9 but it still doesn't work. What version media player are you using on the PPC? I have version 8 with the update. According to the MS web site version 9 for the PPC can only be installed on PPC 2003.

Oliver Mitchell
10-30-2003, 06:06 PM
i have ppc2002 with windows media player 8.5 and how are you copying it across to the ppc? does you media player recognise it as an ipaq? i've never had trouble copying it across using wmp

PatrickD
10-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Using Win Media Player on the desktop I click on the song and select copy to mobile device. From a dropdown box I can select the memory location on my PPC i.e. CF card SD card. I can even see all the files on my PPC. I have copied music that I have ripped from my own CDs to my PPC before using this method and it works fine. But when I try coping the puretracks song it complains about the license. I have emailed Puretracks but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Oliver Mitchell
10-30-2003, 09:44 PM
ok what you need to do is open windows media player and find the file, then use the "copy to cd or device" function and copy it across it using that, this should solve your problem because otherwise it simply copies across the encrypted file