View Full Version : a favor request from LEGAL Pocket Informant owner

amir77a
10-27-2003, 12:14 AM
Hi,

As published here few days ago, there is a bargain sale at pocket informant called "Friends & Family" which let legal owners of Pocket Informant software to recieve a 50% discount coupon for their friends or family.
Each user is entitled for 3 coupons.

Since I don't have any friends who owns this software :cry: ,I am looking for a new friend :D who will share with me his coupon.
So, If you have the right, and don't have 3 other friends to give this to, you will make me very :)

many Thanks for your help.

Thinkingmandavid
10-27-2003, 01:10 AM
well little neophyte, arent you a brave one...mmm, I dont know who would have any coupons here. Where do you usually post?
I dont have that software so I am not able to help ya dude.
so which ppc do you own?

amir77a
10-27-2003, 01:25 AM
sorry pal, I am far from being a neophyte, actually I am a very experienced user, just don't have the right dudes round here.

BTW, my request is totally legit. I would never ask for something illegal.

Anyway, I own ipaq2210.

I am a silent reader here for a long time, I usually post on a certain non English forums.

Cheers,
Amir.

Jon Westfall
10-27-2003, 05:40 AM
Amir,

Where are you located at? Is it near Dubai? I'm looking to pick up an XDA-II (aka i-Mate) and they were just released there. If you would be able to secure and ship one to me (I'll pay you a fair price, of course), You can become a friend of mine for pocket informant purposes!

Thinkingmandavid
10-27-2003, 06:43 AM
I am going by the number of posts that you have listed here, so that is why I called you a neophyte :D I am sure you can see the counter as you post. It isnt a reflection of how long you have been a user :wink:

amir77a
10-27-2003, 07:08 AM
dadarkmcse sorry, but i am not located in or near Dubai, So I can't be in any help. If I was, I would help you anyhow even with no Pocket Informant included, and also buying one unit for self as well.

Weird place they choose, for the launching of the XDAII.

rcobourn
10-27-2003, 09:40 PM
amir77a, see PM for code.

amir77a
10-27-2003, 11:01 PM
Hi dear members

Many thanks to you all for your most kind favor - when you need a favor don't hesitate. I never forget my friends.

dh
10-28-2003, 01:00 AM
While I hope the coupon works out for you, I really do believe that Pocket Informant is worth much more than the price that WebIS ask for it.

It's the best application around (and getting better all the time), the support is first class (check out the forums at their site) and the upgrade policy is very liberal.

The only thing that bothers me, is that Alex seems to be a better developer than business person and that he doesn't get as much income from his great product as he deserves.

I would say, if you can afford the regular price that's what you should pay. If you can't by all means use the coupon code and enjoy PI. Either way you can't lose. :D

Gremmie
10-28-2003, 05:59 AM
Amir,

Where are you located at? Is it near Dubai?

My guess would be around the Balkan's. Perhaps Bosnia, Macedonia, or Czech Republic? Could be Moldova or Ukraine, but I doubt it. Nevertheless, could be from the USA :) Am I close Amir?

amir77a
10-28-2003, 01:12 PM
Out of curiosity : What are your guesses based upon?

Anyway your gueses are wrong :lol:

I am from Israel (Which is 2-3 flight from the Balkan's...)

Thinkingmandavid
10-28-2003, 02:27 PM
So an attempt to figure out his ethnic orientation?
I agree with the purchase of it,but then i agree with using the coupon more :D
if we are to help the software industry for ppc's, such what was just stated about pi, then as we are using the product, ideally we should spread the word to other ppc users so that more full price purchases are made :wink:

Gremmie
10-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Most Amir's I've met (3) have come from Bosnia.

Steven Cedrone
10-28-2003, 04:48 PM
O.K., let's get back on topic now that we know where Amir is from...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

amir77a
10-28-2003, 06:34 PM
I can't spend too much funds at the moment on PPC software.

Anyhow, it was important to me to use legal copy, and not using illegal copy.
I agree it is important to encourage PPC software developers, but it was much more affordable to get the software using the special price.
I am glad I could realize that.

I am thinking of further support the software, and help them develope user interface in my language. If I will find the time I will do it soon.

Thinkingmandavid
10-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Hopefully you will find the time. I agree it is a good idea to have the software in multiple languages so many users can benefit from the software.

PetiteFlower
10-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Using a coupon to purchase it legally is a heck of a lot better then stealing it! Some of us have limited budgets and try to save money any way we can....

qmrq
10-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Using a coupon to purchase it legally is a heck of a lot better then stealing it! Some of us have limited budgets and try to save money any way we can....
Bad PetiteFlower, naughty girl. :bangin: :p

dh
10-28-2003, 08:24 PM
I am thinking of further support the software, and help them develope user interface in my language. If I will find the time I will do it soon.
If you are interested in helping with the translations, I bet Alex would like to do a Hebrew version of PI. Why don't you get in touch with him?
That might be a good thing for the new version he is going to introduce early next year.

Thinkingmandavid
10-28-2003, 08:48 PM
That is a good idea.....more languages and an improvment on the software is always good.

Kati Compton
10-28-2003, 09:17 PM
And maybe you could trade translation skills for a legit copy of PI.

amir77a
10-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Actually I was in touch with Alex. He pointed me to the developer page on PI site.

I wasn't doing any programming for sometime. I already download all the tools needed (Microsoft embedded...).
I thought, it was just a matter of translating from English to Hebrew which is easy for me, but I found out that programming is involved.

I will see in the weekend if I can get familiar with the pocket pc programming interface, which is a thing I never did before.
Translating to Hebrew will be more complicated, since Hebrew is written from right to left. All text should have right justification. But as we said one step at a time.

amir77a
10-28-2003, 09:31 PM

I don't need to trade anything. I bought my copy as any other PI user.
The fact that I bought it at a discounted price, doesn't mean I owe the developers anything. I wasn't stealing anything, on the contrary.

I am willing to translate it, as a matter of fun, and contribution to others, not because I am obliged to.

Kati Compton
10-28-2003, 09:36 PM

I don't need to trade anything. I bought my copy as any other PI user.
The fact that I bought it at a discounted price, doesn't mean I owe the developers anything. I wasn't stealing anything, on the contrary.

I am willing to translate it, as a matter of fun, and contribution to others, not because I am obliged to.
I had missed that part of the conversation - I wasn't implying anything. I thought you were still looking for the coupon to get it at a discounted price, and made my suggestion as an alternative.

amir77a
10-28-2003, 09:48 PM
I am sorry, if my reply was a bit aggressive :oops: , I am tired, after a very long day.
Time to sleep and relax :sleeping:

Thinkingmandavid
10-29-2003, 01:22 AM
Its all cool dawg :wink:
I have seen a lot of posts like that :mrgreen:

PoweriPaq
10-29-2003, 01:44 AM

Heck, I would. Doubt PI need a translation in my language though.

rcobourn
10-29-2003, 04:24 AM
Has anybody done the Klingon translation? 0X

Thinkingmandavid
10-29-2003, 05:08 AM
What language is yours?
Klingon translation, I like that idea. I think I would like to have a collection of favorite sayings of all the star trek characters and star wars, and Lord of the Rings.
NOw that I am Lord of the PDA'S, I may be releasing some of my own famous saying. :devilboy:

amir77a
10-29-2003, 09:31 AM
well I am sure that if your hear my language it will sound quiet similar to Klingonish to you :D
It surely need translation.

P.S When I look at the views counter, I think I set a certain record for a first message on this forum !!! :)

Thinkingmandavid
10-29-2003, 01:26 PM
mmm, i dont know since most of the time i dont pay attention to the views counter. I wonder what the record is and how we would find out.
I was thinking about the coupons,sounds to me they are wanting to spur growth, give a few copies of the software at a discount then the users that got it at a discount rant and rave about it, so then more people go and buy. I know I recommend software.

JustinGTP
10-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Speaking of views, I had a certain thread in the "off topic" that had 18 pages of replies and over 100000 views +. That was a fun fun thread.

Anyways, on the contrary, I like good old outlook, Im not sure I need PI! :D

-Justin.

Thinkingmandavid
10-29-2003, 05:42 PM
what comes in pocket outlook is ok, it is obviously nothing fancy :roll:
MIcrosoft should become more creative with this since it is the part people use to handle their lives. I may take a look around today at handango to see about the software, but i dont really want to buy anything right now. i need a keyboard more importantly

shindullin
10-30-2003, 12:22 AM
I LOVE PI and recommend it to people in the office all the time. But I agree that it's really suited for the more hardcore user. PI is a pretty amazing peice of software but probably more than what some people need. Although I think that my PDA would just be a toy wo PI, Resco file explorer and pocket word/clearview word.

As for using the coupon, people make coupons available to drum up sales later. I'd say that Amir helped get the word out by posting and getting people like me to reply with testimonials of agreement, and hopefully PI will sell more as a result.

Jeff Song
10-30-2003, 06:45 AM
Um, does anyone want to help a poor college kid out? :|

hollis_f
10-30-2003, 08:32 AM
Um, does anyone want to help a poor college kid out? :|
Sure, how about some free avice - study hard. There's always time for sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll after you've got those all important bits of paper.

Thinkingmandavid
10-30-2003, 10:59 AM
If you cant afford the pi, then save the money until you can, or since christmas is in a couple of months, use christmas money for that :wink:

Jeff Song
10-30-2003, 10:57 PM
wow. All I was asking for was a coupon, not some advice that anyone can dish out :lol:

But after using this new version, it may actually be worth it to buy it, I was just trying to save a few bux. Paying rent and tuition plus all bills does consume alot of the money I make. I'm still open for the discount tho!