View Full Version : Victory in SPAM court case - Good Omen?

DrtyBlvd
10-25-2003, 07:39 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3213161.stm

Perhaps the begining of the end, who knows! :D

JvanEkris
10-25-2003, 11:04 PM
Justice at last......

Jaap

DrtyBlvd
10-26-2003, 12:33 AM
Some might argue that without a gun being involved it's not justice yet :lol: (jk, jk;))

Jacob
10-26-2003, 05:43 AM
Some might argue that without a gun being involved it's not justice yet :lol: (jk, jk;))

Don't need a gun - a gun would be too quick. 8O

In all seriousness, it's good news whenever a spammer is caught.

davidspalding
10-26-2003, 07:25 AM
well, there's justice,....

The judgement, which Mr Lockyer said will be the model for future spam injunctions, forbids PW Marketing from sending unsolicited commercial e-mails, accessing computers that belong to other people without their permission and disguising its identity by sending messages that appear to originate from a different address.

The injunction also forbids Willis and Griffin from owning or managing any business that advertises over the internet for 10 years.
... and there's the swift and effective hammer of the law upon the anvil of the wicked! gotta hand it to California for smiting a spammer this hard. :twisted:

Duncan
10-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Well done to California! A rare note of sanity!

JvanEkris
10-26-2003, 01:33 PM
Some might argue that without a gun being involved it's not justice yet :lol: (jk, jk;))I would rather see them bleed to death (financially that is), very slowely. Could help the californian economy a bit, by slowely confiscating money :):)

Jaap

DrtyBlvd
10-27-2003, 02:01 AM
You touch on an interesting sub-note; that greatest of motivators might just be the one that gets focused on following this - Spammers might be experts at circumventing systems etc etc, but are they / do they have financial awareness as well?

I'm thinking along the lines of Al Capone kinda thing - if they (the powers that be) focus on just how much they might be able to make through the legal pursuit and sentencing of the SOB's, maybe they'll get their finger out and get it done?

No ones' mentioned the word 'precedence' yet....

"I'll be back" might have an easy vote winner on his hands here?

JackTheTripper
10-27-2003, 05:53 PM
My state ROCKS!!!!! :lol: