View Full Version : To all of you Keyboard lovers!!

muntaser7
10-25-2003, 05:51 AM
Hi all!
I desperately need help with this issue.
I think I have the MOST boring job on earth! All I do is sit in meetings all day and listen to attorneys litigate and fight patent and other type of cases for hours on end.
That’s why I LOVE my G1K it truly makes the day go a little faster, now to get to the point.
I have come up with what I think a genius idea for a keyboard placement that would change the way people look at PDA’s, this is not an add on hardware but a built in, what am trying to say is for example HP must have this already built in the unit. What makes it so special is it will not add an inch to the PDA size.
I have thought about it and I really think it is feasible for this keyboard to be implemented in a PDA.
I really don’t want to go into detail and what I would like is for some help with some of these points:-

1- I am willing to put some money to create a demo “dummy” unit! Where can I go to get this done? I do have some drawings of the basic idea, and am willing to invest up to $20000, let’s say I do create a demo do you think it’s worth it? And would let’s say companies like HP pay more attention to my idea?

2- I already asked the attorneys on how to go about getting a paten but if you guys have any ideas please feel free to through them at me.

3- Can I get lets say an old PPC and basically build my idea in it? Is there a company that does things like this? Where I would give them drawings and ideas spec …etc, and they would do it for you?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I have read a lot of your posts here and there is some truly intelligent people on this board, I think that you guys could steer me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: I am not a genius nor am claming to be Einstein!! Please do not flame me all am looking for is some advice.

Marty

JustinGTP
10-25-2003, 06:32 AM
I have no advice, but go for it all the way, you could be famous one day! I dunno, but get your Idea patented and then show us! :D I for one want to see it, but I hate to tell you, some PDAs do have built in keyboards that slide out. I have to see what you have up your sleeves.

-Justin.

BTW, what country are you in so we can search around to specific laws/patent rules in your area.

Thinkingmandavid
10-25-2003, 07:52 AM
GET YOUR PATENT FIRST LIKE THE ATTORNEYS TOLD YOU, and then you can show it:);)

Awesome :!: Go for it :wink: :!: :mrgreen:

muntaser7
10-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the encouragements, I have been a PPC and PALM follower since the beginning and have searched through all the units that are out right now and couldn’t find anything similar. The problem with patenting a product like this is the cost.

Thanks again and if anybody has any info on where I can create a “dummy” demo please let me know.

Thanks again.

muntaser7
10-25-2003, 08:12 AM
BTW, what country are you in so we can search around to specific laws/patent rules in your area.

I am in Redwood City, CA USA.

buckyg
10-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Just want to add a little to the encouragement and to the suggestion to pursue the patent. Yes, it costs, but I think we all would agree that...

- We would love to look back and be able to say, "I remember hearing about this first on PPCT, I hear the inventor's made it big time"

- It would be terrible for you to see companies making big money on your idea and yet you're still bored at that job saying to yourself, "If only..."

Just my two cents. Best of luck with it!

Thinkingmandavid
10-26-2003, 01:42 AM
I agree, so get the patent. we can be patiend while you do what you need to do about this:) use expediance in this matter...:)