View Full Version : you are all going to kill me but here goes...

whatsnext?
10-23-2003, 02:31 PM
a while ago ( i am refering to about two christmases ago) therewas a rumor acompanyed by a video about a new pda from hp that had a built in full size keyboard. if i remember correctly it caused quite a stir here at thoughts! if someone could either find the movie for me or a link to the specific topic it would be greatly appreciated!

PS i have no idea what to search for so that wont help

Johannes
10-23-2003, 02:53 PM
A built in full size keyboard? That doesn't sound like a PDA, but a laptop. It's kind of hard to fit a full size keyboard into your pocket. Even the foldout ones are as large as the PDA's tend to be, and now are larger than most.

Are you referring to the photonic keyboards that a number of Israeli companies are experimenting with?

CTSLICK
10-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Was it the one where the keyboard would slide out from the side and you could use it in landscape mode?

dh
10-23-2003, 02:58 PM
If you search for Ipaq Prototype keyboard you find this link:
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/files/top_secret.zip

I liked that concept as well.

gvanjr
10-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Sounds like the black helicopters are flying around again!!

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Hell Ya! :D That is what I am talking about. Is that for real :?: if not it should be :!:
wow, Now that I would love to have! OH, if it is for real, then the posts about the ppc/pda being dead is crap.
If this is not real then it should be because it is more than possible to do it and I for sure would buy one of thos. :wink:
Now that would be cool and innovative.
But is that what she was looking for?

JustinGTP
10-23-2003, 06:11 PM
I loved that look, but will they ever produce it? Arent these little guys getting interesting and very cool?

:D

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 07:23 PM
I am telling you that would to this point be the ultimate ppc, and for years they could just add to it and improve upon it.
of course the current processor would be unacceptable
the current ram unaccpetable
the durrent of the os and programs would need a big time face lift.why? because we have seen the same thing over and over and over. we all want leaps and bounds in a powerful ppc, AND we want to smack palm, or excuse me, palmone :roll: in the face :lol: