View Full Version : Settings For Activesync Passthrough?

theon
10-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Since my device hard reseted, I have not been able to get my Activesync internet passthrough to work. Which is a pity since my WiFi Activesync miraculously now seems to work :cry:

Are there any settings that need to be enabled to get the passthrough working? It always just seemed to work before!

Itanium
10-23-2003, 10:47 AM
As I know there is nothing special on PPC side, only thing is in ActiveSync (Options -> Rules | Pass Through) but I don't think you have changed anything there. Check that out if you have not confirmed it yet.

theon
10-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Nothing has been changed. The activesync passthrough is ticked and connected through 'Work' same as last time.

Sigh. What now? :eek:

Itanium
10-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Nothing has been changed. The activesync passthrough is ticked and connected through 'Work' same as last time.

Sigh. What now? :eek:
Won't hurt chaning it once to 'The Internet' and giving a shot. Happened to me once. Don't ask what was the reason.

theon
10-23-2003, 11:15 AM
Hmm... I'll try...

theon
10-23-2003, 11:19 AM
YES!!! You rock! Thanks! :beer:

Itanium
10-23-2003, 11:27 AM
Am glad that it worked. Damn unexplainable things :lol:

theon
10-23-2003, 11:27 AM
Oh no... Passthrough doesn't work when connected by WiFi... Anyone can help?

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 01:08 PM
wow dude, it seems if it is not one thing it is another 8O

Itanium
10-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Oh no... Passthrough doesn't work when connected by WiFi... Anyone can help?
I don't have experience with WiFi but why would you want to go through ActiveSync passthough when connected via WiFi? You can go directly for 'net with same settings (proxy etc) that you use on your LAN.

theon
10-23-2003, 11:17 PM
Well, I was depending on the passthrough to get access to the internet. I believe it is a problem that a lot of people unfamiliar with WiFi are encountering as I have seen it a couple of times while trying to fix my own problems.

Just because the PPC is able to sync through Activesync doesn't mean that there is internet access... Something to do with sharing a connection or something.

Finally found out how at this site.

http://www.pc-counselor.com/ad-hoc.htm

I'm adding the URL so that people who read this with the same problem might hopefully be able to solve it...

Well, after much soul (internet :wink:) searching I'm FINALLY up and running.

As you can guess, I'm really happy now. I'm such a geek... :mrgreen:

theon
10-23-2003, 11:18 PM
...Damn unexplainable things :lol:

You said it dude!

theon
10-23-2003, 11:24 PM
wow dude, it seems if it is not one thing it is another 8O

Maybe that's MS's way of keeping the world 'smart'. You got to be thinking to keep on clicking... :D