View Full Version : Toshiba e310 help

danchou
10-22-2003, 10:53 PM
I just got a e310 from my brother, and I am having problems syncing it with my computer. I have tried to use all the drivers ones from the cd and as well as the web. Everytime its the same thing activesync says its connecting for a long time but no connection is made. I thought it might take a few minutes but I believe it should not take near 30 minutes. My OS is win2000. Can anyone please help me get this ppc to sync with my computer.

danchou
10-22-2003, 11:52 PM
guys im dieing over here trying to figure out whats wrong with this thing, can it be that the cradle is bad?

JustinGTP
10-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Try a soft reset. This happened to my ipaq the other day. I made a new partener ship. Close the connection on Activesync (remove the ppc) and then go to File > Delete Partnership. And then place Toshiba back into the cradle and set up a new partnership. That fixed my ipaq.

-Justin.

danchou
10-23-2003, 12:36 AM
I never could achieve a partnership to start with. I have countless times done a soft rest and even a hard reset with no results.

Johannes
10-23-2003, 02:32 AM
Download the newest version of activesync and try switching to a different USB port.

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 02:41 AM
mmm, i would reinstall it all, add the latest drivers for your e310, and get the latest activesync......then see how it works out. of course by then it has a new partnership and everything. i know when i bought my 355 i had to download the latest drivers from teh toshiba website because it wasnt recognizing my usb port, so do all that we have listed :wink: :!:

danchou
10-23-2003, 04:04 AM
guys no luck I have tried all those things and also the steps on this website
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q260061
and most other troubleshooting help sites. The ppc seems fine but i still dont understand why it doesnt connect. The activesync starts up with the ppc but it just keeps going in the connecting phase and never going to the connected phase. please help me

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 04:20 AM
so which OS is on your desktop? you went step by step? I am wondering exactly the screen is showing when you connect. If I understand correctly it just attempts to sync but nothing happens, there isnt any pop up messages onyour 310 screen?
OH, the directions that you said you followed are only for active sync 3.1, and 3.6 which active sync are you using :?:
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft ActiveSync, Version 3.6
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.1

when you went to the toshiba website what did you do???? Did you go to this site? http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1379035580.1066879102@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadcjjkmmgeicgfkceghdgngdglk.0

danchou
10-23-2003, 04:28 AM
I tried to use 3.5 and 3.7, my ppc doesnt say anything, my operateing system is windows 2000, when i went to the toshiba help site i looked for the usb driver which i installed and in which it said to use 3.5 only.
Besides that I brought the unit back to my brothers pc and it did not sync with his computer either, i am very confused any help appreciated. I just tried 3.6 which does not seem to work either. My brother told me it used to sync just fine before, i believe their must be some way to change it to work. Also your understanding is correct the ppc/activesync goes into the phase connecting but does not go to connected to let me develope a partnership or anything further then that.

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 05:47 AM
mmm, have you attempted to hard reset your 310?
when your brother gave it to you, what did you do differently than what he was doing?

danchou
10-23-2003, 11:21 AM
when I recieved it like a idiot i put in the ppc first and then tried to install the software from the cd (dont read directions). I did do a hard reset many times but it still does not connect.

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 12:39 PM
mmm, so then you have started all over, by
1. inserting cd and loading software
2. updated to latest drivers from toshiba website
3. updated to latest activesync
4. checking it is syncing from correct com port of usb outlet
5. resetting the device
6. searched on here and on web for possible users of a 310 same problem
7. does this :bangin: (just kidding) :)

I am not sure why it would do that...ideas anyone?? If I get some info I will post, I am going to check into it WITH YOU.

danchou
10-23-2003, 07:42 PM
I do not know what you mean by step 4
4. checking it is syncing from correct com port of usb outlet

I have searched for e310 users with the same problem and have returned with no successful results. Thanks for your effort.

danchou
10-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Hey i figured out the problem the stupid cradle is broken. I went to the store and found the usb cable for laptop users the one which charges and connects to the pc, which works just fine. I figured it would be the cradle.
Everyone THANK YOU

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 12:03 AM
congratulations :!: :mrgreen:
I am glad it is working, that is good news :wink:
We always want our fellow ppc users to be happy with their product and to continue the path of the ppc, hehe
not the dark side of the palm :evil:

JustinGTP
10-24-2003, 01:12 AM
See, you were right all along!

(We had better start learning, shouldnt we David?)

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 01:28 AM
YOu know what is funny? I just looked at all these posts, and we never once asked if there was something wrong with the cradle, we just assumed it was the software, now that is funny :) :wink:

JustinGTP
10-24-2003, 04:21 AM
YOu know what is funny? I just looked at all these posts, and we never once asked if there was something wrong with the cradle, we just assumed it was the software, now that is funny :) :wink:

Honda_Civic_Si & David = :bangin: = Danchou

LOL :D

-Justin.

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 04:44 AM
Hey, that is a good one. :) strange how the simple stuff gets missed. I was thinking that maybe it is because we always suspect the software went bad, or because we know how activesync can be.