View Full Version : Getting off writerights screen protectors

zackz
10-22-2003, 08:55 PM
How does one safely get off writeright sps? Also how to get the glue of the screen since they are adhesive based?

b3trio
10-23-2003, 12:57 AM
Duck tape! :D

Seriously, it should work. Just use the tape to lift off the protector from one corner of the screen.

Good luck.

Itanium
10-23-2003, 01:07 AM
Or a wooden tooth pick will do. And they are not supposed to leave any glue behind on the screen. Hopefully your screen will be clean when u remove the protector.

rcobourn
10-23-2003, 07:56 PM
If I recall correctly, the recommended method is a piece of Scotch-tape, hold one end and stick the other down in the center of the protector and pull it up.

Dave Beauvais
10-24-2003, 06:15 AM
I would advise that you peel it off slowly. A friend of mine quickly removed one of these from his old Palm-size PC (pre-Pocket PC days) as you would a Band-Aid to get the pain over with quickly and actually pulled off the top layer of the touchscreen! 8O Replacement parts weren't available at the time and it was out of warranty, so this essentially rendered the device useless since it's difficult to navigate without a touchscreen. :)

I personally cannot stand the feel and appearance of this adhesive protectors. I use a NuShield (http://www.nushield.com/) protector and love it. Aside from the one annoying piece of dust that got trapped under it because of static, I can't tell the protector is even there. No visual distortion and since the surface is smooth it feels just like the "naked" screen does.

--Dave

sysh
10-31-2003, 09:54 AM
I would advise that you peel it off slowly. A friend of mine quickly removed one of these from his old Palm-size PC (pre-Pocket PC days) as you would a Band-Aid to get the pain over with quickly and actually pulled off the top layer of the touchscreen! 8O Replacement parts weren't available at the time and it was out of warranty, so this essentially rendered the device useless since it's difficult to navigate without a touchscreen. :)

I personally cannot stand the feel and appearance of this adhesive protectors. I use a NuShield (http://www.nushield.com/) protector and love it. Aside from the one annoying piece of dust that got trapped under it because of static, I can't tell the protector is even there. No visual distortion and since the surface is smooth it feels just like the "naked" screen does.

--Dave

About NuShield.. do we REALLY have to get the "Starter Kit" with all the wipes and solution to clean the screen of the PDA and protective covers ? Can I just buy the Screen Protector and just the Wipes w/o buying the whole Started Kit with the solutions and cloth ??

Dave Beauvais
10-31-2003, 05:58 PM
... do we REALLY have to get the "Starter Kit" with all the wipes and solution to clean the screen of the PDA and protective covers? ...
If you select your brand from the "Available for" list on the right side of this page (http://www.nushield.com/products.htm), you can order a three-pack of the protectors for US$11.99. No wipes and no cleaning solution included! :)

--Dave

sysh
10-31-2003, 06:34 PM
... do we REALLY have to get the "Starter Kit" with all the wipes and solution to clean the screen of the PDA and protective covers? ...
If you select your brand from the "Available for" list on the right side of this page (http://www.nushield.com/products.htm), you can order a three-pack of the protectors for US$11.99. No wipes and no cleaning solution included! :)

--Dave

Cool..thanks..
but how good are these Klean Screen wipes.. the wiping packs $1.99 for 3.. can i use them to clean the PDA screen @ Protector w/o having to use the cleaning solution or is it just fine ?

Dave Beauvais
10-31-2003, 06:46 PM
Never used them before. I use an old worn out cotton t-shirt and my breath to clean my screen or screen protector and have never had a problem. Gets off fingerprints and dust at no extra cost.

--Dave

sysh
10-31-2003, 07:03 PM
haha.. ic ic.. alrite.. I think I will just do that.. every lil saving helps !
thanks alot Dave ! :D