View Full Version : New digital camera

Stake
10-22-2003, 04:43 PM
This is Sony's new 5MP slim camera that they will be releasing in January. It is the world's smallest 5MP camera and it seems quite promising. http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/4115

I saw that thread about the whole memory stick debate. I too would like to see Sony try their hand at PPC but having the MS their only standard is a slight issue. Though to my surprise, their new Cybershot DSC-F828 also supports CF.

Sony makes some great stuff though I'd never buy a Vaio and I'd never consider buying a digital camera from them either until this model showed up because of the whole MS compatibiliy. Having 5MPs in small package is something I've always desired in a digital camera for just going out. Hopfully someone will challenge them with an SD version of something similar.

karinatwork
10-22-2003, 06:09 PM
That's not fair. 8O Isn't there always something better around the corner, just after you just spent hundreds of dollars on something that you think is the ultimate...?

I guess technology can't stand still, can it? :wink:

Karin

suhit
10-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Dpreview.com, as always, has a ton of information on the cute little camera - http://www.dpreview.com/news/0310/03102202sonydsct1.asp :) . Though, Sony has once again used their funky Memory Stick thingy. Argh!!! :(

Suhit

Janak Parekh
10-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Not just a "Memory Stick", but a Memory Stick Pro Duo. :pukeface:

--janak

JustinGTP
10-23-2003, 12:15 AM

--janak

Making it sound fancier are they? Despite the fact its only a Sony thing. Who wants to have no SD in their dig. camera? Not me, thats for sure!

DimensionZero
10-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Sony's nice and all, but I've always like Canon.
This is going to be my next camera when I get the money for it.
http://www.canoneos.com/digitalrebel/index.html

I currently own a Canon S20... I got it when digital cameras just hit the consumer market, and shelled over $1100 for it. :D Works great! But, there have been so many times when I'd like a zoom lens and stuff but just can't.

Bob12
10-23-2003, 03:41 AM
I think you'll like the digital Rebel. I have the EOS D60 and it has become my primary camera.

DimensionZero
10-23-2003, 06:09 AM
yeah! i can't wait!!
did you want to buy me one? :D

JustinGTP
10-23-2003, 06:28 PM
yeah! i can't wait!!
did you want to buy me one? :D

Maybe your penguins will buy you one because then they can model for you and get super rich and famous, abanbon you and your Linux, go to Microsoft, take over with a new penguin logo......

maximus
10-27-2003, 02:27 AM

--janak

Ok, I formally voted this camera (and all other products with memory stick pro) to be the joke of the century. I was in an electronic store yesterday, and I saw a sony TV with memory stick slot on it. This got the be the invention of the century ! a TV, with memory stick slot !

Janak Parekh
10-27-2003, 02:49 AM
Ok, I formally voted this camera (and all other products with memory stick pro) to be the joke of the century. I was in an electronic store yesterday, and I saw a sony TV with memory stick slot on it. This got the be the invention of the century ! a TV, with memory stick slot !
First off, it's not Memory Stick Pro -- it's Memory Stick Pro Duo, which is even rarer. Second, rumor has it that even the new SE P900 doesn't support Memory Stick Pro Duo, but only Memory Stick Duo. Third, Memory Stick TVs aren't new, but as far as I know, most of them don't support Memory Stick Pro, just Memory Stick.

Confused yet? ;)

--janak

maximus
10-27-2003, 04:48 AM
To make you even more confused, wait until sony created MSIO wifi card (the Memory Stick version of SDIO), and claimed that the MSIO wifi card will enable the TV surf the net.

That will be the day when sony conquers all of you non-believers. :mrgreen: