View Full Version : help! new ppc user and having problems w/ transcriber

Sage
10-20-2003, 04:40 PM
i just got the toshiba e355 w/ ppc 2003 and i'm lovin' it so far. it's been a bit buggy (such as active sync disabling my internal modem..?????) but i think i got around that.
now my prob. is that transcriber is getting all wacky. it won't recognize my writing anymore (keeps interpreting things as ???) and it types out all the wrong letters.

also, i was a palm user before and loved how you could up the security on certain notes by making it accessible by password only....this in addition to a password when you turned the device on. anything comparable on ppc 2003?

Thinkingmandavid
10-20-2003, 05:14 PM
mmm, I just bought one of those a few days ago. good choice:)
ok, you have to teach the transcriber to recognize your handwriting, it basically learns you. If you follow the steps in your manual you will be ok. I am talking about, "out of these choices which closely resembles the wa you write?" I dont know the exact wording but that is close on. You have to do that for the entire alphabet :wink:

Thinkingmandavid
10-20-2003, 05:15 PM
OH, and i just remembered, if you are or end up having trouble with it recognizing your usb port, go to the Toshiba website and follow the product link to downloads. There is a driver update for the usb recognition, I had trouble before that. It is the only update for that model at the Toshiba website.

Kati Compton
10-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Also make sure that the little arrow in the lower left part of the screen is pointing "up". You can tap it to rotate the arrow. The direction the arrow points is considered "up" by Transcriber. So if you want to write "normally", it should point to the top of the device.

JustinGTP
10-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Also make sure that the little arrow in the lower left part of the screen is pointing "up". You can tap it to rotate the arrow. The direction the arrow points is considered "up" by Transcriber. So if you want to write "normally", it should point to the top of the device.

Yes, this is the major problem that causes everyone frustration. The way the arrow points is the way you should be writing on the screen.

-Justin.