View Full Version : Performance on Socket SDIO Wi-Fi!

zacka
10-20-2003, 03:06 AM
I am currently using the Socket SDIO Wi-Fi card on my H2210 PPC which connects (without any problems by the way) to my Wireless Netgear WGR614 Cable Router. Generally internet access and range are pretty good taking into account placement of Antenna and interference from other devices, however I have noticed poor network performance particularly when playing mp3s from desktop PC or streaming online.
Now I know this isn't right as I was able to play mp3s fairly smoothly and even stream, using Bluetooth. I actually got pretty decent performance with my Belkin 100m USB Blutooth adaptor and the in-built Blutooth on the 2210. As far as I know Wi-Fi should be faster than Bluetooth, right?
Can anyone shed some light on this matter? I am using the latest SD Wi-Fi drivers from the Socket site and I have even updated the firmware on the Netgear Router. Perhaps there are some settings I have overlooked?

Janak Parekh
10-20-2003, 03:13 AM
Please don't crosspost. If anyone has an answer for him, post on it here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=174737). Thanks! :)

--janak