View Full Version : samsung i700 as a live web cam?

gizzzum
10-18-2003, 06:10 PM
i'd like to know if you can use the camera on the i700 like a live web cam.

ihatephones
10-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Even though it seems all the hardware is there, it can't be a webcam. Soooooo lame, I wouldn't have bought it, had I done a little more research.

People are still building cdpd webcams....for 2 grand...doh. Dear pocketpc people, why no video, portrait, simple ftp webcam, videoconferencing, etc...... This sucks, more people should complain. you could have a impromptu nanny cam when you need one. maybe catch some newsworthy video, grandma, whatever.

Only way I cold think of how to do it would be using ftp and some macro program to take the picture and ftp it.

gizzzum
10-20-2003, 03:26 PM
re: reply from; ihatephones

so if we could use ftp (i guess that means "file transmission protocol"??)and some macro program to take the picture and ftp it,

1. who knows how to do this? i dont know how to write a macro (i r 2 2pid)
2. how much memory would it take? (more than whats in my cranium?)
3. if we could figure out how 2 do this it would be pretty awesome

Janak Parekh
10-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Not sure how you can script Samsung's photo software, though.

And, by the way, the i700's camera is mediocre at best. Why would you want to do this? I would not consider the versatility of the camera to be a major factor in an i700 purchase; it's a fun little throwin, but that's about it.

--janak

gizzzum
10-20-2003, 04:27 PM
i wrote 2 samsung, maybe they'll have some ideas. i realize the camera is so/so resolution.

i'm just trying to learn all the possible features of the devise and push the envelope a bit ---thanks!!

sixsixty
10-31-2003, 09:07 PM
bump...how can we get this moving. i dont have this model ppc, i have an e755 that has wifi and i have a cf card camera. but i would like to make it a webcam using wifi.

how can we get this software made. are there any developers out there looking for new projects?

Janak Parekh
10-31-2003, 10:43 PM
A CF camera is a totally different beast. There might be software out for that, you might want to take a look 'round. ;) I don't have one, so I don't know.

--janak