View Full Version : ActiveSync: Combine and Replace

jeremybonios
10-17-2003, 06:53 AM
ActiveSync insists that certain information has "not been synchronized on this computer before," and forces that I choose one of three items in the "Combine or Replace" dialog box. Although I've read responses to other posts either on this site or other sites, I still don't get the fix. The data on my PocketPC is the most updated. Thanks for your help.

spursdude
10-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Weird - I just got that message for the first time today when syncing the Calendar. I backed up, then used the Combine option. I don't see any problems so far in the Calendar.

Andrew
10-17-2003, 08:58 AM
To be honest with you, Ive never have had much luck with this dialogue box. Every time Ive tried combine, its made doubles of my contacts. (This can be cleaned up though with a program called outlook scrubber).

Usually I let the desktop replace the items on my device, but if you have newer info on the pda, id do a combine then check if it duplicated your data, and if so, use the aforementioned program.

I dont know if anyone else has any better ideas out there though...

Steven Cedrone
10-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Great program for removing duplicates: Outlook Duplicates Remover... (http://www.hlyspirit.org.uk/cms/index.php?id=48)

Steve

theon
10-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Man... I wish I knew about ODR5 a couple of months back...