View Full Version : Different ringers for each contact?

gai-jin
10-16-2003, 11:30 PM
This might be something simple I'm overlooking, but I can't find a way to set a different ring tone for different contacts. Since this is a feature even the freebie phones have nowadays, I should think my new i700 would... am I missing it?

Gai-jin

cyclist
10-17-2003, 01:10 PM
This might be something simple I'm overlooking, but I can't find a way to set a different ring tone for different contacts. Since this is a feature even the freebie phones have nowadays, I should think my new i700 would... am I missing it?

Gai-jin

Sadly, no. It doesn't exist in Pocket PC Phone Edition. I don't know of a third-party application to do this either. You might want to investigate some of the products that allow adding pictures to Contacts - maybe one of them will do this as well. If you find one, please let us know.

Jon Westfall
10-17-2003, 09:10 PM
I've used both Caller2Picture from v2r and a FREE program called PhoneExt (short on the URL right now - do a search on PhoneExt and you'll find it). PhoneExt allows you to add individual and category ringtones, and Caller2Picture does a nice job of adding photos. Its up to you on what you want, Even though I bought Caller2Picture, I find myself using PhoneExt more.

gai-jin
10-18-2003, 01:52 AM
I downloaded Phoneext, and do see the ability to set ringtones by category, but not how to Set individual tones. What am I missing?