View Full Version : I cannot sync any more (ActiveSync 3.7.1)

Spenser
10-16-2003, 06:08 PM
For a while now, my iPAQ tries to connect itself to the internet just by itself. That happens several times a day. This morning, after I put it in the cradle, it didn't connect to ActiveSync anymore, but came up with an error msg: "I cannot connect you with the actual connection-settings. Please click on "settings". (sorry, I have to translate the msg from German into English. The actual msg may be different)
When I do so the connection-screen comes up, where my personal settings ("at home" and "at work") are stored. I deleted all of them but one, which I was not able to delete. And this one may be the culprit I guess.
Has anyone got an idea what I can do to solve this problem? If I knew in which file ActiveSync stores its settings, I would probably be able to help myself. I checked the registry for the name of the connection I couldn't delete, but to no avail.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Jochen

BTW: This happened before and after installing ActiveSync 3.7.1.

Mike Temporale
10-16-2003, 07:20 PM
I would start with a soft-reset of your device.

Spenser
10-16-2003, 08:24 PM
I would start with a soft-reset of your device.
Thank you. I did that several times. Didn't change anything.

Johnny Blaze
10-17-2003, 12:36 AM
A few things. First which type of Ipaq do you have? and if it is an older model which os is on it.

Try the following if using wm2003.

Open Activesync on your PPC and click on tools > options

Uncheck "Use mobile schedule to sync with this PC"

Hopefully that helps if not post back and let us know .

Spenser
10-17-2003, 06:13 AM
A few things. First which type of Ipaq do you have? and if it is an older model which os is on it.
I've got an H3970 with PPC2002 installed.

Open Activesync on your PPC and click on tools > options
Uncheck "Use mobile schedule to sync with this PC"
Hopefully that helps if not post back and let us know .
I did so. It was unchecked. I am running out of ideas.
Jochen