View Full Version : 1 PPC to Sync w/ 2 Computers

fmerpos
10-16-2003, 06:07 AM
Hi, I just converted to PPC from Palm OS Vx. So far so good. I like the interface and the ease of working with MS files (ie. Word and Excel). I especially like the media aspect of things (MP3s and pics). The color screen is awesome..... :D

I found this forum by accident. I am very glad that I did. I found the solution to the AvantGo sync problem. Thanks.

Well, I do have a question w/ the ActiveSync. I use my PPC mainly at work, thus I sync there all the time. I don't like to work on personal issues at work. For that reason, I would like to do that at home. What are the proper steps that you guys would recommend for the home computer setup without causing any problems, ie. duplicate records....

I use Windows XP w/ Outlook 2002. I don't sync mail w/ PPC at this time. I have iPAQ 1945 w/ ActiveSync 3.7.

seatec
10-16-2003, 06:19 AM
You are fine, the only thing that you can not sync with more than one computer is the email. I sync with 3 different computers depending on where I am. Get the latest Active Sync 3.7.1 and you should not have any problems with duplicates.(it used to be a problemin 3.5 and before)

fmerpos
10-16-2003, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Seatec...

If I have some information in my Outlook at home, should I clean them out before I proceed w/ sync?

Do I need to create another profile? Or can I just install activesync then sync my PPC with the computer?