View Full Version : Need help with Internet Connection Ipaq 2215

dolphs
10-15-2003, 07:34 AM
Well I am completely new to the Pocket PC after using a Handspring Visor for 3 years (it worked fine). I think I am correct when I say you can browse the web with an IPAQ while it is in the cradle, using the internect connection established through your PC (or in my case a laptop). But I can't get it to work. From the laptop, I do not use a proxy server, there is no VPN or other wierdness. The laptop connection might be dial up or via an ethernet/high speed internet connection (like you see in many hotels nowadays). Does anyone have a step by step solution? I'll give up on the idea before I try and find anything on the Microsoft web site, a source of constant annoyance and disapointment. And I can't find anything in the HP documentation either. It's a race to see if I can figure this out before the hand grips fall off my 2215 - OH GOD why didn't I read this forum before buying the thing.

rustoni
10-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Are you using activesynch v3.7 if you are then it should be as simple as going into options and then the rules tab and make sure down the bottom were it says pass through is saying connection the internet.

This will only work if you are connected to the internet on your laptop.