View Full Version : Convert .lit to palm reader ?

denivan
10-14-2003, 07:49 PM
I've used some advice to convert .lit files to mobipocket, however I do not care much for the mobipocket interface and I was wondering if I can use my "exploded" .lit files and convert them to palmreader ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

dean_shan
10-14-2003, 08:08 PM
You could use convert lit to change it to html. Then you could use the DropBook or PalmReader eBook studio to make it.

PetiteFlower
10-14-2003, 11:20 PM
I didn't find an EASY way to do this; dropbook doesn't convert directly, you have to edit them into word files first, was very complicated. I found the best thing for me to do was to use mobipocket publisher to convert them back to an unprotected .lit format, which the version of Reader that I have in ROM could read. Doesn't take any additional space in my memory and Reader itself isn't that bad of a program, it's just the hoops they expect me to jump through to use it that I don't like.

denivan
10-14-2003, 11:32 PM
Using dropbook on the converted html files didn't work like it should at all :( And I'm not trying to convert them from .lit , because they're DRM protected, ally my books are freeware, I just want to read them using a program that's more user friendly, and imo, palm reader seems to have all the features I need.

Thanks anyway for the advice guys !

Ivan

Talyn
10-15-2003, 06:49 AM
As you've noticed, PalmReader is the most difficult to develop for.

I am in the process of tweaking Word macro that I wrote for generic eBook "beautifying" and finishing up a modified Word2PML to handle some stuff that PDM should have included in it to begin with.

Even then, however, Palm is by far the most time-consuming format -- though I still prefer the final product over the other formats. PDM is supposed to be working on a new toolset to allow faster and easier development though.

tanalasta
01-26-2004, 02:56 AM
You could use convert lit to change it to html. Then you could use the DropBook or PalmReader eBook studio to make it.

How exactly do you use Convert lit to convert a .lit file to html? (e.g. what's the command string). I'm hoping to then be able to use isilox on the html file to convert to isilo format :)

Thanks!

tanalasta
01-26-2004, 02:58 AM
I finally found the answer to that question here:
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16218&highlight=html+convert+lit