View Full Version : How Often Do You Change Your Pocket PC Themes?

Ed Hansberry
10-14-2003, 01:36 AM
After posting <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19305">about Theme Sync</a>, <b>dean_shan</b> thought it would be a good idea to see how many people change their themes regularly, if at all. I thought it was a great idea. I am a creature of habit and have stuck with the same Today Screen layout since 2000 when Today Screens became really useful in the Pocket PC. The only modification I've done is to add Pocket Plus to it. You can see my Today Screen <a href="http://www.ehansberry.com/pages/pocketpc.html">at my Pocket PC page</a>. When Pocket PC 2002 came out in late 2001, I was switching themes daily for a few weeks, but eventually settled on two themes I wound up making and have now switched to the green Windows Mobile 2003 theme you see on my web site. So for me, that is three themes in about 24 months. What about you? How often do you switch?

crispeto
10-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Ever since the Anaheim Angels won last year, I just don't have the heart to change it :D

yawanag
10-14-2003, 02:40 AM
There are a lot of themes out there I'd love to have but I have so many icons on my Today Page (and I use MTUX Today Page so I can have them without a scroll bar) that majority of the themes conflict with the color or the image is not visible. I use one that had a number when I downloaded it but I renamed it "Electric Blue" It is the only one I use where the text and icons are easily readable.

ctmagnus
10-14-2003, 03:20 AM
I was using the Spiral theme in PPC2003 for a while, because of the non-PPC2002-standard-colour Start menu text and tap-n-hold circle, but I've since switched to the Pocket PC Thoughts theme. I tend to stick with a given theme for a while.

dean_shan
10-14-2003, 03:22 AM
I have had the same theme for a year now. It is a blue abstact painting that is in the style of van gogh.

yvilla
10-14-2003, 03:43 AM
I came relatively late to PPC 2002, at least compared to many here I think, since I waited until late August, 2002. So, by then I was thrilled to finally be able to change themes, and downloaded literally hundreds. Of course I bought a theme manager/switcher app too, so for months and months I was changing every 20 or 30 minutes and loving it! (I also favor a "clean" today screen without lots of icons, preferring to see my beautiful theme graphics instead, so I use Magic Button as a task manager rather than one that takes over the today screen). Recently I settled into a once a day scheme, and still delight in waking up to a new theme every morning! :D

rmasinag
10-14-2003, 04:08 AM
In combination with "No plugins today" I have "display" themes just for looks and no icons and "practical" themes where I can actually see the today screen things/icons. I usually have a "practical" one in the daytime, and a "display" one with "no plugins today" removing everything from today screen once all the important things I have be reminded of had passed. Sorta like work and dress wear :D

KevinK
10-14-2003, 05:22 AM
I just use Theme Switch and a bunch of themes I bought on Jason's recommendation (cost $3.00 - worth it). I'm also a webshots guy, so I like my themes changing regularly!

juni
10-14-2003, 06:10 AM
I switch themes whenever I make a new one, sometimes it can take a while to develop themes..perhaps one theme/week. I have a few finished themes I haven't been able to test but that will change this week when my new 2210 arrives. Then I'll celebrate by uploading them all to my site. :)

maximus
10-14-2003, 06:46 AM
Still using the Dell theme that came with axim.

mochegod
10-14-2003, 07:46 AM
What are some good theme download sites?

carphead
10-14-2003, 09:11 AM
www.pocketthemes.com

I switch themes every five minutes using RPA Thememaster. 8)

Jonathon Watkins
10-14-2003, 09:19 AM
I use MS Theme Switcher to change through my 50 themes on the hour.

powder2000
10-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Themes! Ever since I went back to ppc2000 I haven't worried about em. Use the ppcthoughts theme on my j565(war driving ppc) though.

JonathanWardRogers
10-14-2003, 03:32 PM
It seems that those of us who switch their themes once a day are in a clear minority. I never would have guessed. :?

I guess I should have waited a bit till all the votes are in. :oops:

Jonathon Watkins
10-14-2003, 05:12 PM
It seems that those of us who switch their themes once a day are in a clear minority. I never would have guessed. :?

I guess I should have waited a bit till all the votes are in. :oops:

Indeed, but I'm suprised as well - perhaps people here like a bit of stability in at least on area of PPC life? :mrgreen: :wink:

BugDude10
10-14-2003, 08:03 PM
Man, my PDA is rotating themes so quickly it's like a friggin' strobe light! 8O

disconnected
10-14-2003, 09:01 PM
I used to have hundreds, and change several times a week, but I've gotten over it mostly; now I look for themes that are fairly plain, or just have a design way at the bottom, so I can still see my plugins. I've gotten a few nice ones from mcdeb.com -- I'm using the soft skies one right now. My iPAQ doesn't display all colors equally well, but that one looks really good.

JustinGTP
10-15-2003, 06:08 AM
Ah, youre all boring! I change my themes a lot, I have about 75 on there of my own. Its so fun to have change!

nice_micael
10-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Whenever i get tired of the old one i usually switch them. So do you guys and girls have eany good themes to recommend that you use?

PetiteFlower
10-20-2003, 06:44 PM
I've had a LOTR theme with a super hot pic of Aragorn on there since I found it almost a year ago....I just can't bring myself to change it! I tend to stick with one for a long time, until I find a new obsession that I want to stare at all day :) Same with my Desktop, that's got Spike from Buffy on there. Eventually I'll change it, but looking for themes I like is such a pain, I don't do it very often.

Jeff Rutledge
10-20-2003, 07:04 PM
I change mine every hour, but I must admit I'm getting bored of my collection. I have found myself shutting off the timer in ThemeMaster and letting one stick for a longer period lately. I just change it when I get bored of the current one.

dh
10-20-2003, 07:07 PM
I had kept the same theme for months. However this weekend my wife and daughter were out of town and I had time on my hands. I downloaded the demo of Thememaker McDeb. www.mcdeb.com .

As a result, I spent most of Sunday afternoon and evening (in between football and baseball) making and loading new themes.

Much more fun than downloading ready made themes. I find that not many are exactly what I want and when I find a good graphic, the text is the wrong colour to read.