View Full Version : syncing two pocketpc's on one desktop?

eat5hams
10-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Is it possible for my friend and I to both sync our PPC's to the same desktop, and also, if I get bluetooth on my desktop, could any PPC with Bluetooth access it to print documents etc? Thanks a bunch

newst
10-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Sync:

You can sync both PPCs to one desktop, but there is a catch. If you sync contacts, calendar events, tasks etc. with the desktop each entry either of you makes in your PPC will be copied to the desktop and transferred to the other PDA when you sync. If your friend decides to delete the contact to Mr. Smith because he didn't get that contract you might suddenly discover that your contact to that new client has disappeared.

Bluetooth:

I can't swear to this but if your printer is on the network, and you are logged into the network via bluetooth, you should have access to that printer. You'll still need to add software to the pocket pc to control the printing process.

Chris Spera
10-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Sync:

You can sync both PPCs to one desktop, but there is a catch. If you sync contacts, calendar events, tasks etc. with the desktop each entry either of you makes in your PPC will be copied to the desktop and transferred to the other PDA when you sync. If your friend decides to delete the contact to Mr. Smith because he didn't get that contract you might suddenly discover that your contact to that new client has disappeared.

This isn't entirely accurate.

This **IS** accurate if you both use the same Outlook Profile and use the same e-mail address.

This is **NOT** accurate if you are going to set up different Outlook Profiles/ NT/2000/XP user ID's. This is the recommended solution. More than one person can use the same computer if they have different User ID's and different Outlook profiles. When you log in with your ID, you sync with your PPC and your Outlook data. When your friend logs in, he syncs with his PPC and his Outlook data. The Outlook data stores are kept separately, and therefore, don't share data.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera