View Full Version : EM500 and pocketpc newbie..help please!

kevlar119
10-12-2003, 08:55 PM
I just purchased a used EM500..I know it is running ver. 3.0 Are there any updates that I need to install? My laptop runs Microsoft ME - and I use Outlook Express - I can't get it to sync with Outlook Express - it only wants Outlook. Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated. I will be using mine for Realtor work. Thanks so much. Keith

klinux
10-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Updates:
http://casio.monacocorp.co.nz/cassiopeia/software/softupgrade.htm

As for syncing with OE, I was always under the impression that you can only sync with Outlook. Outlook and OE may share a similar name but under the hood they are completely different programs.

CTSLICK
10-15-2003, 02:53 AM
klinux is right, you cannot sync with Outlook Express. The full version of Outlook was on the original CD that came with the EM500 but the license key was on a separate piece of paper. If you managed to get all that with your EM500 then you're set.

If this is for real estate you may want to put an Excel spreadsheet together for doing quick amortization calcs. I think there are some loan calc programs that you can get too.

good luck

smileyguy
10-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Actually you can sync with Outlook Express, if you purchase a program called Sync Express. I know it works with the EM-500, because I used to use it on mine. It provides a conduit in ActiveSync that will sync you email and contacts. I've moved on to Outlook myself, but I hope this helps.

kevlar119
10-16-2003, 02:01 PM
Thank all of you for the replies...I'm still learning so much about the operations of it all. Where is a good place for a case? Thanks again, Keith