View Full Version : No, it still doesn't seem to work

binstpa
10-09-2003, 08:49 PM
I have it so the inbox icon is syncing but none of the files that I have on Outlook are showing up on my device. I can't seem to figure out why.

binstpa
10-09-2003, 08:52 PM
But, if this caught anyone's attention, I can't get my emails from Outlook (which I download from my University email account) onto my ipaq. Anyone know why. I have the option checked so that it will sync my inbox but nothing shows up on the device.

JonnoB
10-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Be sure you are selecting the correct account. Pocket Inbox can run with multiple accounts one of which is your ActiveSync connection. Also, attachments by default are left remote unless you download them or configure the account settings to synchronize attachments (file size filter rules included)

binstpa
10-09-2003, 09:16 PM
This is boggling my mind - and I am in law school

JonnoB
10-09-2003, 09:26 PM
and I am in law school

Maybe that is the problem... :lol:

How are you getting your email? Through ActiveSync into Outlook or through a wireless connection to a mailbox on a server? If through Activesync, you can modify your Inbox settings in ActiveSync to include attachments up to a certain size. For mailboxes on a server, you can specify in the mailbox settings on your Pocket PC whether you want to get attachments or not and up to what size. The idea is that usually on a PDA, you don't want the big attachments on a memory/storage limited device like a Pocket PC.

binstpa
10-09-2003, 09:47 PM
None of the email is getting to my ipaq. I ouse outlook to connect via wireless to my email (IMAP). I am able to read it, and send messages via outlook. I want to sync those messages that are in outlook to my ipaq. I want to be able to read them on my handheld offline at a later time (not connect by itself). However, my ipaq does not sync the inbox messages.

JonnoB
10-09-2003, 09:58 PM
You really have two choices.

1) Sync your Inbox to your IMAP mailbox on the server - your message store is the same and you can view your messages the same way as your desktop. This can be done in online/offline mode.
2) Sync your Inbox to your PC/laptop Outlook. This can be used online/offline as well, but requires and ActiveSync connection to get current.

binstpa
10-09-2003, 10:05 PM
how do I do this? I have ben trying to do it but it won't seem to work.

JonnoB
10-09-2003, 10:10 PM
how do I do this? I have ben trying to do it but it won't seem to work.

Which one? Follow to this site (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/support/pocketpc/support_topic.asp?cid=0&tid=6)

binstpa
10-09-2003, 10:34 PM
I tried to sync it to my laptop, which already has all of the emails on it, but it won't work. I went through all of the steps but nothing is showing up on my device. the step in activesync only takes a second although it should take sometim to get all those emails. I appreciate your help, but I think something is wrong here.

JonnoB
10-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Couple of things.

1) Be sure you are on the Activesync Inbox and not on another service Inbox (Accounts menu in Pocket Inbox)
2) You can specify folders and the number of days to synchronize. If you have only older mail, they won't show up. Also, be sure the Inbox is one of the folders synchronized.
3) If you have more than one message store (PST) you may not be syncronizing the correct set of folders.
4) If necessrary, delete your partnership and start with a new one.

binstpa
10-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Thank you so much. I got it to work, finally.

JonnoB
10-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Thank you so much. I got it to work, finally.

I am curious - What turned out to be the problem and how did you resolve it?