View Full Version : Boxwave miniSync?

coredump
10-05-2003, 06:34 AM
Hi all. I just bought a zippered leather case for my 2215. Unfortunately, it's a hassle to take it out of the case and dock it. The case was designed with a opening at the power/data connector at the bottom. I'm looking at the Boxwave miniSync as an alternative for syncing and recharging. What do you guys think of it? Are there any other alternatives you guys can suggest?

[add]
I've been thinking of getting a Bluetooth adapter for my notebook so I can charge with the existing iPaq charger and sync via Bluetooth. This is a more expensive setup because a Bluetooth adapter runs like 40+. Anyways, what do you guys think of that? Also, I'm told since Bluetooth and 802.11x run on the 2.4GHz spectrum, problems may crop up. Can anyone verify this? I'm running 802.11b/g at home. Thanks!

Video11
10-05-2003, 02:03 PM
I have a BoxWave MiniSync for my Jornada 565 and it works great. And dealing with BoxWave was no problem, the order arrived as scheduled without any hassles.

Remember that charging from your USB is not as fast as charging from the cradle. I use my cradle at home and the miniSync at work. I turn off the screen when plugged into the MiniSync and it seems fine for topping up the battery; but I'm not sure how long the USB would take to charge a fully depleted battery.

dh
10-05-2003, 02:23 PM
I bought the MiniSync to use with my Axim. It syncs just fine, but charging is s-l-o-w. In fact if the Axim is switched on, the battery is depleted about as quickly as it is charged.

I don't know if this is just my Axim, all Axims or all PPCs. I know other people have had better luck than I have so I don't believe there is a MiniSync problem.