View Full Version : Landscape Display

XLP
10-05-2003, 05:00 AM
Dear all,

Im looking for a 3rd party free software that can rotate my display. I've tried many but some don't work and even worse, some crashed my machine. Do any of you know any free software that rotates display (has to work on a Toshiba e740)?

Thanks,
XLP

terrypin
10-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Haven't tried it, but recall seeing Pocket DOS mentioned as capable of doing that, amongst many other things:

http://www.pocketdos.com

Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

dave3
10-06-2003, 05:02 AM
Ive tried out golandscape a program that costs 2$. It works well except for the pin# and alarm messages don't quite fit but there are ways around these problems (chosing a pin that doesnt use a 0) and using the navigation button to dismiss the alarms.

Stephen Beesley
10-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Ive tried out golandscape a program that costs 2$. It works well except for the pin# and alarm messages don't quite fit but there are ways around these problems (chosing a pin that doesnt use a 0) and using the navigation button to dismiss the alarms.

This is the sort of solution I am looking for to use on my Jornada 568. Now that I have an IR keyboard I am looking forward to typing in landscape mode. I have tried JS landscape and virtual display but both do more than I want (and less in some ways!). What I am really after is just a simple app to rotate the screen. On my Jornada 545 I used ChangeOrientation(http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=485) but I cannot seem to find anything similiar that will run on my 568.

Any suggestions?

mcasanova
10-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Though I have not tried myself, I've heard that Pocket Top drivers allow to perform landscape, I mean, it will put an option into the input methods called Pocket Top Keyboard which can be configure to make the device landscape. Sorry, but I do not have the URL but I guess a google search will do.

dungsport
10-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Try Nyditot Virtual Display v3.22 (support WM2003). It's so cool!

Steven Cedrone
10-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Try Nyditot Virtual Display v3.22 (support WM2003). It's so cool!

But it itsn't free...

Steve

XLP
10-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Yeah,

I only want free ones...maybe because Im cheap :) but I don't really want spend money for a display angle tweaking utility...I mean, its only a very optional program and all it does is enhace your Pocket PC's capabilities to show off to ur friends (which is one of reason why i wanted one)... :D
I also think it'll be better to use Terminal Services Client on landscape mode, its a real pain using ur pocket pc's vertical screen to 'browse' the PC... :(

So does anyone know any software that can tweak the pocket PC's display angling (that actually works and won't crash my Toshiba e740 machine)?

Vasant56
10-13-2003, 04:51 AM
Pocketop.net

has drivers for their IR keyboard that bundled with Free Screen Rotation Software.

It's actually quite handy and it's free.

BTW, Pocketop includes the Ndyiot one, although only the screen rotation (you don't really need to other stuff anyways, though)