View Full Version : Divx file won't play

Falstaff
10-05-2003, 02:27 AM
I tried playing a divx file with both PocketMVP and Pocket DivX, but in both cases the file failed to play and I got a message saying the audio couldn't be played. The file details are below:

Audio Format: DivX WMA Audio V2
Bit Rate: 64 kbps
Audio Sample Rate: 16 bit

The video is simply DivX MPEG4, V3.

Does anyone know of any other programs I could try or a place I could download codec packs? I have a codec pack on my PC (nimo) that has a few dozen codecs on it for different formats. I couldn't find any for the PPC though. Thanks

SlimDady
10-05-2003, 02:33 AM
u could try to reincode the audio stream to mp3

Falstaff
10-05-2003, 06:23 AM
Do you know what software will do that? I see a lot of people trying to go from divx to wmv, but if I could just fix the audio that would be great. Thanks

jeffmd
10-05-2003, 09:55 AM
wmv in a divx/avi file? how he do dat?

what program are you using to create the divx? youll want either mp3 or ogg audio.

Falstaff
10-05-2003, 07:35 PM
I didn't create the file, so I have no clue how it was created, now I just want to convert the audio. I see people talking about going from DVD to a PDA playable format, but I can't find how to just convert the audio. Thanks

Pat Logsdon
10-05-2003, 10:50 PM
Get VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org), and read this guide (http://www.pocketmatrix.com/guides/dvd2divx/#converting) from pocketmatrix. Ignore the part about not using the DivX 5 codec - the newest versions of PocketMVP will support the newest versions of the divx codec.

Using Virtual Dub, you can save the audio in a separate wav file, and then convert it to MP3 (easy) or ogg (harder) in the final version of the file. And you can do that without even messing with the video, so there's no chance that it'll be degraded by the audio tweaking process. Just make sure you set the video to "Direct Stream Copy". :mrgreen:

Good luck!

Falstaff
10-06-2003, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the advice, I tried it out and got working audio, but now the video is incompatible, so I have to figure out a good video format. Thanks

Falstaff
10-06-2003, 05:13 AM
Well, I tried all the divx formats, I couldn't find anything that would work and would fit on my 64MB CF card. Any advice on what output formats for audio and video would work, I just ordered a 256MB SD card so size won't be a problem then. Thanks

qmrq
10-27-2003, 09:49 AM
(nimo)
Erm.. get rid of that pirated crap, eh?

Tom W.M.
10-28-2003, 03:53 AM
Ignore the part about not using the DivX 5 codec - the newest versions of PocketMVP will support the newest versions of the divx codec.
Are you sure? They just upgraded the codec to 5.1. From the DivX website it looks like they made some fairly major changes—and PocketMVP hasn't been upgraded in a while.

qmrq
10-28-2003, 04:14 AM
DivX 5 is supported. I'm not sure about 5.1 .. though if there were major changes, I think it would be '6.0'. It probably works too.