View Full Version : New Affiliate Partnership: Tek 'n Toys

Jason Dunn
10-03-2003, 11:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?modid=30214092059015&aid=5' target='_blank'>http://estore.shopplex.com/app/stor...092059015&aid=5</a><br /><br /></div>I'm pleased to announce a new partnership with <a href="http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?modid=30214092059015&aid=5">Tek 'n Toys</a>, a great electronics Web site that understands the electronics market and is interested in working closely with Pocket PC Thoughts to get all of YOU the best deals possible. It's hard to find the right partner for a site like this - the buy guys like Amazon.com typically have the best pricing, but completely ignore their affiliate partners, giving us no advance warning of new devices coming out, etc. On the other end, the small partners give you the attention, but often have pricing that is a little out of whack. I believe Tek 'n Toys represents a good combination of both: they have good prices, are willing to work with me closely, and best of all, they <i><b><a href="http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?modid=30214092059015&aid=5">ship anywhere in the world</a></b></i>. I know it's always been a source of frustration for some of you that the deals we post on are only available in the USA. We'll continue to post Amazon.com deals (and others), but we'll focus on special deals that Tek 'n Toys will be offering us, because I believe they're a good partner for a global site like Pocket PC Thoughts.<br /><br />To kick things off, they have two special promotions going on: if you use the promotional code R7G5V-2E3E4, you'll save 5% off any Pocket PC, Smartphone, or related accessory. This coupon code is good for one week, so use it fast. :wink: Also, when you use the above coupon code, you'll be entered into a random drawing to get the entire value of your purchase price back (up to $2000). So if you buy a laptop, you'll have a chance to win the value back. How's that for cool? :D <br /><br />Tek 'n Toys has a <a href="http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=18&modid=30214092059015&aid=5">great selection of Pocket PCs</a>, and in the next few days I'll be giving you the opportunity to pre-order some of the unannounced devices.<br /><br />Please <a href="http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?modid=30214092059015&aid=5">go visit our new partner</a>, Tek 'n Toys!

fmcpherson
10-04-2003, 12:16 AM
Could you get someone to explain whether or not their GSM phones are SIM locked? They show the SPV and SPVx SmartPhones, but I don't know whether I could use those phones here in the United States with T-Mobile. Just from a quick look their descriptions and specifications for products seem to be a bit sparse.

werb
10-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Hi, sorry about the description being so limited. I will fix it tonight. :oops: All phones (exception of Fido Phones) are unlocked and SIM free. If you have any questions please mail me at [email protected] and I will be happy to help you in any way.

DrtyBlvd
10-04-2003, 01:50 AM
They may ship anywhere, but have you seen the prices 8O

$20 cable to the UK? $86USD - and that's the cheapest option..

I've emailed just to be sure it's not a mistake of some kind... which I kinda figure it HAS to be, right?

shawnc
10-04-2003, 07:17 AM
Price is important, but as a non-subscriber I get WAY more out of this site than I give. My way of giving back is to purchase from affiliates whenever possible. Obviously they have to be competitive, but if the price difference is not material, then I'll support the affiliates.

Nice job Jason. Variety and choice is a good thing.

DrtyBlvd
10-04-2003, 09:16 AM
:clap: Vrooom - prompt clarification:

"Hello,

I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. I had our programmers start looking at this (even though it’s 11:00 PM Friday night) as soon as I checked my mail. It appears the UPS online rate system is not talking to our package dimensions properly. An item that is only 0.3 of a Kilogram is being entered into the UPS system as 1.0 KG. This would explain the amazing costs to ship especially overseas. They are currently removing this module so it will default to approx. $14-15 USD until this is fixed. I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Todd Werboweski

Chief Executive Officer
Tek 'n Toys Inc. all things wireless"

Thnak heavens for that! :D Let's go shopping....

mr_Ray
10-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Umm... if they're looking for international orders, maybe they should try to display the currencies correctly.

Every currency I checked uses "$" which actually had me confused for quite a while figuring out why the prices weren't showing in £s like I selected. Worst of all when you go to a different page it seems to default to US$.

That's in Mozilla. I tried IE6 briefly and it seems to solve the changing currencies issue but obviously still shows everything as $.

Until they sort this out I really can't even figure out if the price that I'm looking at is right or not.

Maybe I'll try back in a few weeks.

GoldKey
10-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Jason,

You should offer out our services as website testers. :wink:

Jason Dunn
10-04-2003, 05:52 PM

It seems I should have. :wink: The site is quite new, so obviously there are some bugs to work out. Thanks for your patience everyone!

wigglesworth
10-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Hi there, sorry for the ignorance, but I cannot find a contact listing anywhere.
Would someone be able to tell me if this is an american company or is it a canadian company, in other words, where is the product coming from? :oops:

Archie
10-04-2003, 08:02 PM
"They ship anywhere in the world" grasped my attention. However, I noticed that they have not my country, Estonia, on this "anywhere" list. Too bad I cannot order a SD wifi card for my new shiny iPaq :(

Pat Logsdon
10-04-2003, 09:41 PM
I know that bluetooth is great, but isn't this a tad overpriced (http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=225&inv_id=571736&modid=30214092059015)? :mrgreen:

Seriously, great site. I'm thinking of picking up a Socket BT card as soon as the price comes down a little... :wink:

Jason Dunn
10-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Hi there, sorry for the ignorance, but I cannot find a contact listing anywhere.
Would someone be able to tell me if this is an american company or is it a canadian company, in other words, where is the product coming from? :oops:

It's a Canadian company, but some of the products come from US-based suppliers, so I guess it's both. :wink: Todd can correct me if I'm wrong here...

Jason Dunn
10-04-2003, 10:20 PM
"They ship anywhere in the world" grasped my attention. However, I noticed that they have not my country, Estonia, on this "anywhere" list. Too bad I cannot order a SD wifi card for my new shiny iPaq :(

My apologies - Todd said they would ship anywhere in the world, so I assumed he really did mean "anywhere". ;-) Let's see what he has to say about it...

werb
10-05-2003, 12:58 AM
I must thank all of you with feed back either through our affiliates such as Pocket PC Thoughts or via email directly. We are working hard to ensure the best purchasing experience and will continue to update the site in an ongoing basis. We value your feedback and do take it all in to consideration in our daily efforts to improve the site.
Jason has not linked to our main page where you can reach our contact information so her it is. Tek ‘n Toys Inc. is located at #201, 610 17th Avenue S.W. Calgary Alberta Canada. T2S0B4. We can be reached Monday to Friday 9:00-5:00 MST at (866)262- 9399 or anytime by email at [email protected]
Please continue to send me feedback directly at [email protected] as it is all extremely valuable to our ongoing efforts.

werb
10-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Hello, in regard to the shipping, if UPS can knock on your door you can recieve anything ordered from our site. Not all currencies have been listed (we use the Bank of Canada exchange) but be assured Visa and Master Card Will do the work for us.

makic
10-06-2003, 08:36 PM
I was lined up to but a $19 (US) coverpack for my ipaq, but I would have had to pay $12 (US) for shipping. That kinda offsets the 5% discount.

They may ship anywhere, but have you seen the prices 8O

$20 cable to the UK? $86USD - and that's the cheapest option..

I've emailed just to be sure it's not a mistake of some kind... which I kinda figure it HAS to be, right?

JustinGTP
10-07-2003, 01:51 AM
So is your company online only? Or do you have a physical store? If you do, Ill drop by :wink:

-Justin.

ctmagnus
10-07-2003, 03:43 AM
So is your company online only? Or do you have a physical store? If you do, Ill drop by :wink:

-Justin.

That's what I was thinking. 0X

werb
10-07-2003, 03:48 AM
Sorry guys, we are online only but you could always stop by for a coffee!

Jonathon Watkins
10-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Jason,

Hey - that's my day job - not sure about doing it in leisure time too. :wink:

I'll be sure to bear tekntoys in mind when I next need anything.