View Full Version : Audible Player problems?

55Kevy
10-03-2003, 10:49 PM
I have started using Audible on my 2215 and have encountered some problems.

It takes a very long time for the Player to open.

If I shut the device off while the Player is playing, upon restart, the Player is locked and I have to soft reset. Sometimes the whole device freezes, requiring a soft reset.

For untraceable reason it has lost bookmarks on 3 occasions, a very frustrating experience in an 11 hr book.

Anyone have similar problems? Is Audible actually compatible with WM 2003?

Kevy

Paragon
10-04-2003, 05:22 AM
Anyone have similar problems? Is Audible actually compatible with WM 2003?

Kevy

First off Audible isn't compatible with anything. ;) These are all familiar problems. To shorten the opening time transfer less book onto your device. But if you want to really fix the problems search this site for a post Ed made showing how to use Microsoft Reader on WM2003 and trash Audible for good....BTW the correct spelling for Audible is CRUD! The concept is good. The books are good. The software stinks!

Dave

Go Cowboys!
10-04-2003, 05:25 AM
I have all the same problems and then some, namely multiple process listings sucking up resources, not remembering the last book opened, losing sync ability with desktop manager, and as you say sooo slow when 1st opened, especially if you have numerous or large books installed.
If you do a search here or on Brighthand you will find many people with similar problems.
Audible has great content at good prices but their player sux.
You could try MS Reader to play the audios, and lots of folks do, but I find that to have its' own problems.

terrypin
10-04-2003, 11:56 AM
You could try MS Reader to play the audios, and lots of folks do, but I find that to have its' own problems.

Could you amplify on how to do that please? Maybe suggest a free file I could sample?

I understand that MS Reader doesn't allow you to *listen* to any commercial LIT file, is that correct?

Enthusiastic newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK