View Full Version : leave it @ home?!

spikedrabbit
10-02-2003, 09:21 AM
I can't be the only one with this problem.. my girlfriend always makes me leave my PPC at home. She hates it when I get it out and start blogging. What can I do? (and no breaking up is not an option... :oops: )

blusparkles
10-02-2003, 09:28 AM
I kinda have the same problem, though in reverse. My boyfriend always frowns when I take my iPAQ out - he thinks it's antisocial to use it in public. :roll:

TopDog
10-02-2003, 09:41 AM
I kinda have the same problem, though in reverse. My boyfriend always frowns when I take my iPAQ out - he thinks it's antisocial to use it in public. :roll:Hey Jenneth, you've got a great site!

Drop your boyfriend and come to Norway :-) Nah, just kidding... I've got the same problem with my girlfriend. She generally thinks I use to much time with my computers/gadgets.

But this is probably a good thing. Why? Because our better half keeps us from going completely geeked out and in contact with the real world.
Not to mention keeps me from going broke buying gadgets I really don't need. :microwave:

easylife
10-02-2003, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't mind if someone insisted I left my laptop home but to leave a PDA home is against its very nature. PDAs are meant to always be on you to access information. I've had times where I've been somewhere and needed a phone number but discovered I didn't have my PDA with me. However, I can understand where she may be coming from when you're blogging while you're out. The solution: compromise. Promise not to use it unless you need to if she lets you bring it out in public. 8)

Mike Temporale
10-02-2003, 12:57 PM
Here's how to fixed that problem.

Find a game that your girlfriend likes/loves to play. Usually something simple. (Like Freecell, PocketPop, Puzzle of Pipes, Solitaire, etc ...) Check what games she plays on the PC. Get that game n your PPC. Next time your out and stuck in traffic, or waiting in a long line, or at the doctors office, pull out your PPC, and ask her if she would like to play the game.

I predict that she'll be getting a PPC for christmas if you play it right. :wink:

rzanology
10-02-2003, 01:07 PM
HA HAAAAA you are all puuunks!!!! lol....if my girl ever dreams of telling me to leave my ipaq at home she might find herself sitting at home while i get it on in the sunlight. You can probaly try this...drag a laptop out the house with you and start an arguement. Then she'll agree to let you bring the ipaq....lol problem solved.

qmrq
10-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Ehm.. you 'blog' when you are out with your girl? That's just wrong.

hollis_f
10-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Impress her with how useful it is. I find being able to find the address of her fave type of restaurant in a strange town, getting online via GPRS, always changes attitudes.

PetiteFlower
10-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Stop taking it out and futzing with it when you're out with her, duh! If you're neglecting your girl in favor of the PDA, no wonder she resents it. When you go out, only take out the PPC if you NEED to look something up, not just if there's a lull in the action and you're bored. If she doesn't feel like she has to compete with it, then she won't be resentful of it.

maximus
10-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Priorities, priorities.

I suggest you to revalue your relationship. If she is really worth it, then shove that PPC somewhere she cannot see (backpocket, innerpocket, etc.), and use it only when extremely necessary. Sometimes, complying to your girlfriend is extremely important to her :wink:

If that doesnt work, sell your current PPC, sell your mobile phone, cancel your homephone subscription, buy a PPC Phone Edition, and make that device your only contact. Now you have the reason to bring it everywhere with you :wink: