View Full Version : Next HP PPC

GoldKey
10-02-2003, 01:48 AM
I was at Epcot this last weekend waiting in line to go on the new space ride when I saw this in a display on the arm of a spacesuit...

http://www.nettally.com/gohlke/temp/hp.jpg

Now, I know this is mostly Disney imagineering, but since it has the HP logo, I would assume HP had some say. Anyway, I got to thinking, if they made a large wrist based PPC that fit like a gaunlet, it would be useful for some applications. Granted, you might get some looks, but frankly I am to the point in life that I don't overly care if people think I am a bit weird and might actually consider using something like this. One step closer to being borg also! :D :robot: What do you think?

maximus
10-02-2003, 01:53 AM
That looks awesome (and quite startrekish) :D

How will it attach to your arm ? It will have to be attached via something that is flexible (so it does not hurt your arm) and must be made of a sweat-absorbing agent.

szamot
10-02-2003, 02:02 AM
no way, but if a wrist watch for example could have a HUD and voice command input that would make it very tempting.

Mitch D
10-02-2003, 03:51 AM
No matter how neat it looks (and it looks cool) there is no way I would wear a PDA on my arm. I have enough trouble not snagging the iHolster I wear on my hip when I am in the stock room at work. If I got something like that caught I would be hurting...

:?