View Full Version : Is Star Trek: Enterprise a Lost Cause?

Pat Logsdon
10-01-2003, 05:37 PM
I've been watching Enterprise since it started, but I'm having trouble staying interested. They've recently tried to spice things up. Do you think it's working?

Kati Compton
10-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Ugh. If they wanted a girl with pointy ears who was interested in exploring her sexuality, they should have gotten a Romulan. :razzing:

I love the doctor character, though. I liked the doctor on Voyager as well, but even Robert Picardo wasn't enough to keep me watching that show.

GoldKey
10-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Even bad trek is better than no trek at all! Actually, I think there is some potential with where they are going. Of course I am biased. <shameless self promotion>See my site www.enterprisecrew.com for pics and reviews from all the episodes.</shameless self promotion>

Duncan
10-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Doctor Who is coming back - so who cares about tired old Star Trek...! :lol:

Seriously though - Enterprise has a lot of potential (great cast, interesting premise) but is screwsed by having B and B running it (doing to it what thay did to Voyager). Now if it had the DS9 team in place...

qmrq
10-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Ugh. If they wanted a girl with pointy ears who was interested in exploring her sexuality, they should have gotten a Romulan. :razzing:

There's a hot vulcan female 'exploring her sexuality' ?! I think I will start watching! When is this show on?

I remember reading about it a few years ago, but I've never actually seen an episode of 'Enterprise'.

GoldKey
10-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Wednesdays UPN 8:00 PM EST

hamishmacdonald
10-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Last night, I watched the first two episodes of the new season of Enterprise. They were exciting, with a real feeling of danger and a forward progression to the story, carried from one episode to the next. I thought, "Yeah! They're finally playing with their toys." So I was really looking forward to watching the third episode tonight.

It was lame.

It had sweet F-A to do with what the season is supposed to be about. No Xindi, no expanse, just another virus transforming the cast into latex-laden creatures. Boring. Tired. No wonder they got LeVar Burton to direct it: he'd already acted out this story ten years ago.

I was embarrassed watching the actors leaping about the papier mache set like they were in some kind of theatre school class: "I'm an ice cream. I'm bacon. I'm a Lach'th'mkk." And of course it was a total genie-back-in-the-bottle episode. Aargh!

Can it. Can it now. Berman and Braga should go work at Taco Bell.

- Hamish MacDonald

GoldKey
10-01-2003, 10:10 PM
Agreed the first two were great but the third ep sucked. Hopefully #4 will be back on track.

JvanEkris
10-01-2003, 10:47 PM
I watched the first episode a couple of days ago. Man, where they short of budget or something ?? Is there any script behind it. No speed, no twists, no turns. The first episode and the scriptwriters were already out of inspiration ???? Although i like the concept of being low-tech (and being anxious about a transporter :)), forcing the story to focus more on the human element, nothing really happens there. The thing i liked about star-trek is the exploring part of the series, and the strong fighting spirit of the captains. This series does not fit that picture. It is too predictable, to shallow. This is more a crew exploring the local swimming-pool (and still i wouldn't let this captain command the rowing boat :().

Jaap

Pat Logsdon
10-01-2003, 11:34 PM
Anyone notice that they changed the horrible theme song a bit? It's now simply nauseating instead of vomit inducing.

delfuhd
10-02-2003, 01:06 AM
The original Star Trek was classic. Star Trek: The next generation was amazing, though there were obviously the few episodes that were just blah, but that doesnt matter... :D
Then I remember when DS:9 premiered, but that's when I started getting less interested. Now I think it's not good at all. Enterprise is just horrible, it is quite unoriginal I think, though it's a fresh cast, it just repeats the same thing over and over. The Next Generation was just amazing acting, and it wasn't overcome by this sudden recent urge in the entertainment to be "action-oriented" and "everything has to be 'cool.'" It's not very breakthrough now, though I hate to see it like this.

And though I'm only 17, I remember distinctly watching every new episode of Next Generation. It was just exciting, and pleasant to the eyes, and now, again, it's just a fast-paced psycho cruise.

Well basically I'm just saying that DS:9 was good, but that's when I think it started going downhill.

Kati Compton
10-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Well basically I'm just saying that DS:9 was good, but that's when I think it started going downhill.
Actually, I think DS9 started to get quite good when they shaved Sisko's head. ;)

Today's Enterprise episode... Blah. Okay, so decontamination and "neuro-pressure" aren't sexy enough? They have to throw THAT in there too?

It just seems like the episodes are just the fantasies of a bunch of lame geeks in TV show format. If people want to watch a show like that, fine, but it's going to lose me pretty quick. The "it's almost going to fall off" costumes of original Trek are one thing. But this? I think it detracts from... from...

Okay it's a bad show, and there's nothing to detract from. :lol: Maybe they should keep all the sex stuff so they actually get viewers.

qmrq
10-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Dammit! I missed it last night. :cry:

DimensionZero
10-02-2003, 11:18 PM
Personally I find Hoshi more attractive than T'pol...

I never really caught on to the original Star Trek but TNG was great! I think it's mainly because now we have so many other SciFi shows that people are becoming harder to please/entertain in this area...

The problem with Star Trek is that underneath it all, it's almost the same old, same old. Federation ship floating around exploring the universe.

In any case, I've always loved Star Trek and even though I don't make it a thing to watch all the time anymore, I still do when I run across it and I'll stick with it to the end.

It'd be weird not to have Star Trek in our lives!

Dave Beauvais
10-02-2003, 11:49 PM
... The problem with Star Trek is that underneath it all, it's almost the same old, same old. Federation ship floating around exploring the universe. ...
This is why I love Farscape (http://www.scifi.com/farscape) and why I'm so bummed that they cancelled it at the end of the fourth season. It was unlike any other sci-fi show out there. (Though not as whacked out as Lexx (http://www.scifi.com/lexx). :))

--Dave

easylife
10-03-2003, 12:04 AM
I rely on broadcast channels, but for two years a station would broadcast Enterprise on Wednesday nights. I saw every single episode in the first two seasons. Some I liked, some I didn't, but overall I felt it was a good show. However, this summer, that station decides to go off the air! 8O No more Star Trek for me... and I was looking forward to seeing Enterprise in action with the new enhancments! :D

JustinGTP
10-03-2003, 12:33 AM
Really, I have Enterprise on atleast 300 of our 700 satellite channels. But I used to watch Enterprise a lot, now, I dont really care. You are right, one ship out there floating around and around and around and around and around... :shock:

-Justin.

Duncan
10-03-2003, 01:14 AM
... The problem with Star Trek is that underneath it all, it's almost the same old, same old. Federation ship floating around exploring the universe. ...
This is why I love Farscape (http://www.scifi.com/farscape) and why I'm so bummed that they cancelled it at the end of the fourth season. It was unlike any other sci-fi show out there. (Though not as whacked out as Lexx (http://www.scifi.com/lexx). :))

--Dave

You not heard about the proposed 4-part mini-series to finish off the story? Last I heard it was highly likely to go ahead once all the cast and crew are available...

Dave Beauvais
10-03-2003, 03:10 AM
You not heard about the proposed 4-part mini-series to finish off the story? Last I heard it was highly likely to go ahead once all the cast and crew are available...
No! That would be great! Do you have any links to information about this? (I'll hit Google here soon, but if you know of any sites, I'd love to have a link or two.)

--Dave

Kati Compton
10-03-2003, 03:12 AM
I was a big B5 fan until Strazynski (sp) just burnt out on the writing. I stopped watching near the end of the 4th season.

Mitch D
10-03-2003, 02:51 PM
I was a big B5 fan until Strazynski (sp) just burnt out on the writing. I stopped watching near the end of the 4th season.

Than you missed some great episodes Kati, there where some very powerful and emotional episodes during the final season.

Jeff Rutledge
10-03-2003, 03:18 PM
I am very disappointed in this season of Enterprise so far (notice they've changed it to Star Trek: Enterprise to try and help ratings?).

The first two seasons were fair. They weren't great, but they weren't bad. The series is crippled by its premise. It happens before everything we know, so there's too much canon to adhere to. They got around that by ignoring most of it (Sure, we can meet the Klingons in the first episode even though it's not supposed to happen for another century, etc.).

The problem with the first two seasons is that there was no arc. DS9 was probably my favorite series overall. One of the things I liked was that there were big story arcs. Ditto B5. Enterprise was just a bunch of stand-alone episodes. The one arc they did attempt (temporal cold war) hasn't proven very interesting.

They're trying to remedy that with the Xindi storyline. That story in itself has potential. The problem is that they're changing too much that is fundamentally Star Trek to do it. The season finale last year had Trip saying "No more of this non-interference crap..." and that's pretty much set the tone. They're now doing the standard "cheap ratings checklist" in each episode. All four eps this season have had one good fist fight and one good sexy scene. Throw in a few good starship battles and you've got just what the network executives think us salivating knuckle-draggers want.

Star Trek should be more. That's what made it such a phenomenon.

I'm hanging on by a thread so far. I don't know if I'll last the whole season.

Kati Compton
10-04-2003, 11:00 PM

Than you missed some great episodes Kati, there where some very powerful and emotional episodes during the final season.
Yeah, but did they have Byron in them? I really disliked that character.

davidspalding
10-05-2003, 04:12 AM
i'm an old trekkie. though i was intrigued by the hutzpah of the "prequel" idea, i really thought the first season was being played as deadpan musical-comedy. archer greeting people with, "what can we do fer ya?" and introducing his race as, "we're from ... <looks around, as if to say "back me up here, Reed"> ... Earth!"

"we're ... explorers." yyyyyeah, and Kirk was a Boy Scout. :roll:

although i like how they're grappling with the genesis of the prime directive, and ties with the andorians and tellerites (remember "Journey to Babel," trekkies?), the show has to sell. it has to sell advertising, and sell in syndication, and sell dvds way down the road. so i can understand the practical demands that override our desires for a "great show."

i find it at least as consistently not-bad as TOS, occasionally as good ("space opera" with some high minded ideals) and at the same time, kind of surprising and cute. i just wish they'd can that terrible, awful theme song. someone was smoking a thick one and said, "let's show 'em how really fresh and different and anachronistic this will be, by canning the jerry goldsmith/fred steiner/alexander courage legacy, and start off with a 'bj and the bear' style theme song," ... and everyone bought it. what a bunch of doofuses. thank god Majel Barrett's not doing the voice of the ship's chronometer or something.

Kati Compton
10-05-2003, 04:39 AM
Yeah - Enterprise is really the "wild west" of space travel. Both the engineer and the captain are cowboys...

GoldKey
10-05-2003, 05:04 AM
Yeah - Enterprise is really the "wild west" of space travel. Both the engineer and the captain are cowboys...

And I have always thought the security chief was a wuss. Kind of backwards. I'd take Trip over Malcolm on my side in a fight any day.

Kati Compton
10-05-2003, 07:42 AM
And I have always thought the security chief was a wuss. Kind of backwards. I'd take Trip over Malcolm on my side in a fight any day.
In hand-to-hand? Yes. But if I was going to have a conversation with one of them, I'd prefer Malcolm.

Actually, for hand-to-hand help, I'd prefer the navigator. We call him "Ensign Bowflex". :)

davidspalding
10-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Actually, for hand-to-hand help, I'd prefer the navigator. We call him "Ensign Bowflex". :)

More like "Ensign Wax-job," a la International Male catalog circa 1982. ;)

Jeff Rutledge
10-09-2003, 04:46 AM
I'm watching this weeks episodes right now. It's the one with the zombie-vulcans (I didn't make that up).

If this keeps up, I'll throw in the towel before sweeps.
:(

DimensionZero
10-09-2003, 07:40 AM
I'm watching this weeks episodes right now. It's the one with the zombie-vulcans (I didn't make that up).

If this keeps up, I'll throw in the towel before sweeps.
:(

You beat me to it!
Braaaaiiinsss..... Grraahagggrrrrhhhhh....

or as someone put it before.

Sprinkles on braiiiinnnnss........

i_spock
10-09-2003, 06:07 PM

More like "Ensign Wax-job," a la International Male catalog circa 1982. ;)

Ensign Wax-job! Bwaaaahahahahaha!!! :lol:

For my part I like Enterprise. But I did think that the recent episode where the landing party caught that "virus" and morphed into those other beings was stupid. I was embarrassed for them, watching them crawling around and acting like monkeys for waaaaaaay too long. I was like "ok I get the idea, can we move on with the actual *story* already?"

I think that the premise of the show is good, and there is a lot of opportunity to "explain" the origins of trek cannon that fans take for granted. And as for the meeting with the Klingons, there's the "anything can happen in space" thing- who knows, at the end of the series they could make the whole entire storyline to actually be from an alternate timeline, etc..

Myself, I'm waiting for my namesake to be heard from on this show. How long before TOS does Enterprise take place? Spock was supposed to be about 75 years old when TOS took place....

davidspalding
10-09-2003, 09:57 PM
I think ST: E is 70-100 years prior to ST: TOS. I'm sure the startrek.com site has a chronology.

Maybe at hte end of the series (or midstream, to goose us), they'll fast-forward about 30 years and show an aging Archer meeting a young Lt. James Kirk ... oh ... sheesh ... that could be so corny. But I haven't seen teh "Tribbles" episode of ST: DS9. I keep waiting to see more set design that ties in with TOS, but I have to remind myself that this is a TV series being done now, not then, and so some details can change. Just as the Enterprise mutated from ST: TMP to ST VI: TUC.

qmrq
10-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Maybe at hte end of the series (or midstream, to goose us), they'll fast-forward about 30 years and show an aging Archer meeting a young Lt. James Kirk ... oh ... sheesh ... that could be so corny.
8O ARE YOU KIDDING?! CORNY?! That would be so cool! Like the end of the next generation episode where the enterprise is stuck in a time loop.. at the end of it, they collide with an ancient starship. Eventually they manage to dodge the ship after running through everything four times - think "Groundhog's Day" - then Picard greets a captain from the past played by Kelsey Grammar. That episode, the end at least, was AWESOME.

davidspalding
10-10-2003, 08:14 PM
i take it back. it wouldn't be corny if they cameo'ed a young James Kirk (maybe first visiting the planet with the Mugatos and the surfer hunter/gatherers, or his being a witness to the massacres by Governer Kodos/Anton Keridian, or encountering the life form whch he failed to shoot...)(see, i am a Trekkie).

it would be predictable. but i would appreciate the relevance. to me, he always seemed a bit young (early, mid thirties?) to be captain of the fleet's flagship, and the Roddenberry/Coon backgrounds seemed to establish him as a go-getter, high achiever officer ... so he'd be likely to be "get around" in the early ST universe.

granted, i've read NONE of the vast canon of ST derivative literature and stuff.

Steven Cedrone
10-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Actually, they should somehow hook up with Christopher Pike... :wink:

Steve

Mark Kenepp
10-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Okay, hearing the name Christopher Pike reminds me of a trivia question:

Who was the only actor/actress, not character, to appear in every connotation of Star Trek up to and including Deep Space 9, i.e. the original pilot (with Christopher Pike) The Original Series, The Next Generation and Deep Space 9?

Admittedly, I am not positive about the DS9 appearance but if DS9 was not included, there would be more than one correct answer.

Dave Beauvais
10-11-2003, 01:07 AM
Okay, hearing the name Christopher Pike reminds me of a trivia question: ...
I think it's Majel Barrett Rodenberry. She played Nurse Christine Chapel in the orginal series and at least a couple of the feature films. She was also the voice of the Enterprise and almost all other Federation computers in the original series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and all the feature films. To be honest, though, I'm not sure about the original series pilot as I haven't seen that episode in many years.

I just hope that if they ever give the computer in the series Enterprise a voice that it's not the annoying, monotone, robotic voice that the computer in the original series had.

--Dave

Kati Compton
10-11-2003, 02:02 AM
To be honest, though, I'm not sure about the original series pilot as I haven't seen that episode in many years.
I believe she was the brunette first officer.

GoldKey
10-11-2003, 02:28 AM
Okay, hearing the name Christopher Pike reminds me of a trivia question: ...
I think it's Majel Barrett Rodenberry. --Dave

CORRECT (In the voice of the computer quizing Spock after he comes back from the dead.)

Dave Beauvais
10-11-2003, 04:09 AM
CORRECT (In the voice of the computer quizing Spock after he comes back from the dead.)
Cool! What do I win? ;)

Mark Kenepp
10-11-2003, 06:37 AM
I think it's Majel Barrett Rodenberry. She played Nurse Christine Chapel in the orginal series and at least a couple of the feature films. She was also the voice of the Enterprise and almost all other Federation computers in the original series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and all the feature films. To be honest, though, I'm not sure about the original series pilot as I haven't seen that episode in many years.

I just hope that if they ever give the computer in the series Enterprise a voice that it's not the annoying, monotone, robotic voice that the computer in the original series had.

--Dave

She also played Troi's mother in The Next Generation and I believe that she appeared in this role in Deep Space 9, I think.

Kati points out her role in the original pilot (with Christopher Pike) which can be seen in the Original Series episode Menagerie.

She has her own website (http://www.roddenberry.com) which gives some of the information. (I looked it up after I posted the question as I could not remember her first name :wink: )

Cool! What do I win :wink:
--Dave

The deepest respect of Trek fans everywhere :clap: 0X :clap:

Dave Beauvais
10-11-2003, 06:55 AM
... She also played Troi's mother in The Next Generation ...
Ugh. I think I tried to mentally block out the character of Lwaxana Troi; I couldn't stand that character. :) The only episode I liked her in was "Menage-a-Troi" where she was captured and held hostage by the Ferengi and Picard had to win her back. That was an extremely funny scene. :lol: Read the "script" (with a few typos) of that scene here (http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/quotes/S_TheNextGeneration/Menage-a-Troi/).

--Dave

Kati Compton
10-11-2003, 03:10 PM
There's a funny book where she and Q become romantically involved.

Dave Beauvais
10-11-2003, 09:46 PM
There's a funny book where she and Q become romantically involved.
Yep. Star Trek: The Next Genteration book #18, "Q-in-Law" by Peter David. It's over sitting on my bookshelf right now. :) I seem to remember a particularly humorous scene in that one where she tosses Q through a bulkhead on the Enterprise.

--Dave

davidspalding
10-13-2003, 04:47 AM
Majel Barrett played No. 1 in TOS series pilot, "The Cage." The restored original pilot (with material that was NOT used in the "Menagerie" 2-parter) was released on videotape several years ago in mixed b/w & color. The new DVD has both that version and a later-discovered full-color version. As a Trek archetype, it's great fun. Also ... a great illustration of the uphill climb the series had. It was a brainy as it was action-oriented ... and the network did NOT like a masculine, in-control female having such a high rank on ship ... and, of course, the pilot has Spock smiling (as he did briefly in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and a couple of other first season episodes).

davidspalding
10-13-2003, 04:48 AM
Actually, they should somehow hook up with Christopher Pike... :wink:

Steve

Y-y-y-es!! Good call, man.

Kati Compton
10-13-2003, 04:49 AM
Majel only got the nurse role after she dyed her hair so no one would recognize her as the person from the pilot. It wasn't until after they offered her the job, that she "revealed" who she was. At least, I heard that story somewhere. ;)

davidspalding
10-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Majel only got the nurse role after she dyed her hair so no one would recognize her as the person from the pilot. It wasn't until after they offered her the job, that she "revealed" who she was. At least, I heard that story somewhere. ;)

I think it was a little different, according to Bob Justman and Robert Solo's book, INSIDE STAR TREK (EX-cellent book, BTW; wish it ws still in print). She was a "close intimate" of Roddenberry's even then, and he was determined to get her a job. She was hired for the role ... I think it might've even been written in for her ... and she died her hair or wore the wig ... you might be right, to snow the network production exec who'd asked her to be dropped from the cast.

No matter, I think she was better as Nurse Chapel than as No. 1 (who was authoritative, but would succumb to "oh, I'm just a woman" at times; sheesh). And I thought she was magnificent as Troi's mom. As a sidekick to Roddenberry, she was one of the people most directly responsible for keeping STAR TREK alive and kicking in the 1970s. Anyone rmember "Lincoln Enterprises" ads in the back of fan magazines? ;)

Steven Cedrone
10-14-2003, 03:50 PM
For those of you that are bored... :wink:

How to make a starship enterprise out of an old floppy disk (http://www.asciipr0n.com/archive/0013/bonnie/craft/)

Steve

Update:

Under the link to the site's, um... "interesting" front page, be sure to look at the "some results" link -- it has photos of floppy Enterprises in action. It's really quite funny.

--Dave

Shoot, I never looked at those links...

Debating whether or not to pull the URL...

I guess we need a warning about that front page: the link to "asciipr0n" contains an "X" rated picture done in ASCII, so don't go there... :roll:

Just go to the "Some Results" link instead... :wink:

Dave Beauvais
10-14-2003, 05:36 PM
:rofl::rotfl: Damn... I just threw out over 500 old floppies last week. I could have had a whole fleet of ships at my command! :lol:

Dave Beauvais
10-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Under the link to the site's, um... "interesting" front page, be sure to look at the "some results" link -- it has photos of floppy Enterprises in action. It's really quite funny.

--Dave

Steven Cedrone
10-14-2003, 07:26 PM

--Dave

Shoot, I never looked at those links...

Debating whether or not to pull the URL...

I guess we need a warning about that front page: the link to "asciipr0n" contains an "X" rated picture done in ASCII, so don't go there... :roll:

Just go to the "Some Results" link instead... :wink:

Steve

Pat Logsdon
10-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Can someone provide a direct link? My proxy here at work is blocking the site... :cry:

davidspalding
10-14-2003, 09:22 PM
try this surgical ... but i doubt your proxy won't catch it. ;)

*** URL removed. Please use the URL in my original post, it does not bring you directly to the "artwork"...

*** Post edited by moderator SJC 10/14/03 23:00 EDT

GoldKey
10-15-2003, 02:18 AM
try this surgical ... but i doubt your proxy won't catch it. ;)

How about some warning! I was not offended, but definitely not what I was expecting to see. I was going back through the thread to get the enterprise link and did not read the intermediate posts and just clicked on your link. My fault for not reading the intermediate posts, but we really don't need direct links to "porn" on this site. But, I made my own little enterprise, will make a cool addition to my geek art at work.

Steven Cedrone
10-15-2003, 03:53 AM
How about some warning! I was not offended, but definitely not what I was expecting to see.

O.K., sorry about that...

I've edited my original post (but in all fairness, the link above is not the link I used in my post)...

Steve

davidspalding
10-15-2003, 02:16 PM
8O :oops: OOPS, I shoulda labeled what my TinyURL link was to, as not everyone understood what Surgical Snack was asking for. Next time, I'll PM.

And just to be clear, I had no intention of tricking anyone into clicking a link they wouldn't want to see. :roll:

Foo Fighter
11-10-2003, 04:14 PM
As much as I have enjoyed the Star Trek franchise over the years, I think it's time to put the whole thing to an end. Let it go out gracefully. I don't watch ST Movies anymore, they keep getting worse and worse. And these spin-off series are just as bad. TNG was fairly good. DS9 was simply ok. Voyager? Oh dear God, who thought that monstrosity up? Enterprise has more potential than any previous series, but the public is now so uninterested and numbed to Star Trek that it has little hope.

buckyg
11-11-2003, 05:27 AM
Enterprise has potential, though they seem to want to waste a lot of it.

I hope this doesn't derail things off-topic, but has anyone checked out http://www.5yearmission.com? Check out the trailer. I keep trying to decide if it's corny or maybe there will be something to it, if it's done as a labor of love. And if Paramount doesn't yank things out from under them.

Foo Fighter
11-11-2003, 05:52 AM
Oh dear God. Please tell me these people aren't Americans. I'm frightened to think they might live somewhere near me. A bunch of loser 20-somethings with a Science fiction fetish (actually that could apply to a lot of people here! :lol:). Although I must say the CG isn't too bad. And I give them credit for putting so much effort into this project (a littl TOO MUCH effort).

Jeff Rutledge
11-11-2003, 06:17 AM
Unfortunately, after giving the first four episodes a chance, I've moved Enterprise from my must-see schedule to my try-to-catch-it-if-I'm-home-and-nothing-else-is-on list.

Too bad...

Thinkingmandavid
11-11-2003, 02:28 PM
I am not sure which of those to choose. Ilove star trek, but the enterprise one is boring to me.
Where is the adventure :!:
Where is the , "oh cool" :!:
where is the at the edge of your seat action :!:
Where is the man i have to wait until next week to see what happens :!:
Where are the good story lines :!:
Where is the creativity :!:
Where are the awesome characters :!:

davidspalding
11-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Enterprise has potential, though they seem to want to waste a lot of it.

I hope this doesn't derail things off-topic, but has anyone checked out http://www.5yearmission.com? Check out the trailer. I keep trying to decide if it's corny or maybe there will be something to it, if it's done as a labor of love. And if Paramount doesn't yank things out from under them.

Well, it's virtually impossible to buy these folks as stand-ins for the ST: TOS crew, but the set and SFX look very conscientiously done. And their goal is noble, to say the least.

We'll see. I can imagine Paramount siccing lawyers on them like Ferengi on a treasure map, but the bad PR would be ugly. ST: Enterprise is in enough trouble, if the over-the-top nature of the past few weeks is any indication....